MS Works

mich

With MS Works if I try to copy and paste from an online forum I get the message “Internet explorer has stopped working etc” and it just will not do it whereas if I use MS Word there is no problem at all, is it fixable?

My Computer

MS works is now discontinued therefore any big fixes will not be made :( What version of internet explorer are you using?

Also, does this occur with any other browser or is it just IE?

Josh :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz
    Motherboard
    Foxconn H67MP-S/-V/H67MP
    Memory
    8.0GB DDR3 @ 665MHz (2GBx4)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD HD Radeon 6870
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SMB1930NW (1440x900@60Hz)
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    977GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) + 250GB WD iSCSI attached Drive
    Case
    Novatech Night
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Dell HID-compliant mouse
I have IE9 and the latest Firefox and it does it with both, and has done on earlier versions of IE. so what replaces Works?

My Computer

The problem may be that browsers update but MS Works doesn't therefore you will receive some incompatibility issues.

Has this always happened? What was the earliest version of IE that you tried? IE 7 was the latest I believe to be around before MS works was discontinued.

MS Office Home & Student replaced MS works however they have even removed that recently to change for Office 365 which is a subscription based word processor. Unfortunately it is not compatible with Windows Vista therefore to be able to use Office you will need to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8

A possible alternative could be LibreOffice which is an free open office solution offering the choice to save documents in Word 2003 format - Home » LibreOffice

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxconn H67MP-S/-V/H67MP
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD HD Radeon 6870
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Novatech Night
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Dell HID-compliant mouse
Thanks Josh, I have d/l Libre Office but when I go to install I find I cannot "run as administrator" which is a bit of a worry as I always do a custom install to eliminate add ons that I don't want the only option I have is "Install" any advice? (what I mean is are there any fish hooks)
My PC is 5 years old so what ever IE was around at that time was my earliest version.

My Computer

Did you install from an Administrator account? Are you able to provide a screenshot of what exactly you mean?

IE7 would most likely have been around then transitioning to IE8 with Windows 7

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxconn H67MP-S/-V/H67MP
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD HD Radeon 6870
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Novatech Night
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Dell HID-compliant mouse
Can't supply screen shot as menu whites out when snip tool clicked, but I suppose I can do a restore if it does have unwanted add ons, I will try and see what happens.

My Computer

Back