MSN Weather gadget - regional settings...

chmillman

First I had Accuweather as my weather gadget (3rd party), but I kept having my sidebar go up to 500+ megs which is not normal at all... So I uninstalled it, thinking it might be a memory leak due to a badly designed gadget. I thought I would try the MSN gadget supplied w/Vista.

My OS language is English, but I am localized in Switzerland (regional settings). The MSN gadget tells me "Service not available in your language or region". I can go to the MSN weather site and get the same info... there's nothing secret or restricted about it...

If I switch my localization to USA, the gadget suddenly works. If I switch it back, it stops working again...

How stupid is that? :mad:

--ch

Never mind, I found a bunch of articles relating to the problem. Still stupid, though. Guess I'll try the patch. So, is this a deliberate action on the part of MS, or is it just a three year "oversight"?

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP HDX 16
    CPU
    Core2Duo T9400
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    4Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 9600 GT M
    Sound Card
    -
    Monitor(s) Displays
    -
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    320 Gb 5400 RPM
Well that didn't work, maybe the patch I found isn't correct, it not only wouldn't run the weather, but the currency exchange gadgets stopped working too... --ch

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP HDX 16
    CPU
    Core2Duo T9400
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    4Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 9600 GT M