MY Vista will stop receiving Google Chrome updates soon...

I am using slimjet browser . it seems faster than FF . and it is using the chromium base and is still supporting Xp and Vista ,as long as they can

My Computer

I am using slimjet browser . it seems faster than FF . and it is using the chromium base and is still supporting Xp and Vista ,as long as they can

SlimJet's x64 build works on XP x64 Edition too.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP xw8600 Workstation
    CPU
    Two Intel Xeon Core2 Quad 3.2 GHz Processors
    Motherboard
    Proprietary
    Memory
    16 GB DDR2 800 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia Quadro FX 3800 PCI-E
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 213T 21" 4x3 Flat Screen
    Screen Resolution
    1600x1200
    Hard Drives
    Two Seagate Cheetah 300 GB SAS Disks
    PSU
    Proprietary
    Case
    HP xw8600 Workstation Case
    Cooling
    Two CPU Fans and One Larger Cooling Fan
    Keyboard
    PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft USB Optical Mouse
    Internet Speed
    7 mbps
    Other Info
    Storage Interface: Two LSI 3000 SAS Adapters
    Browser: Firefox ESR 102

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium x86 SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion Elite m9150f
    CPU
    Intel Q6600
    Memory
    3 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
That is true about slimjet uses chromium codes . But Slimjet posted that they will support those older OS systems untill The Chromium codes are to big enough for the OS to handle . Or you could just stay on the latest version before that happens . Slimjet gives you the option to update or not to . Not like Google chrome that updates are auto . Again it is true about Opera 37 not supporting But Opera 36 will always support .Slimjet does not use that much memory right now I am using 1.32 gigs of ram But when I use google chrome or FF even opera The gigs can go as hi as 1.75 gigs of ram

My Computer

Yes, I don't like forced updates myself - if people want to stay on one version, let them!

I'm currently deciding to use SeaMonkey mostly because it's a browser and also has a WYSIWYG HTML editor as part of it (the original Mozilla Application Suite). Also the fact I found a really nice looking Cammy skin for SM, but Firefox has only one skin for an old version of it and PM has no skin for Cammy...

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Packard Bell imedia s3210
    CPU
    AMD Athlon(tm) 7450 Dual Core Processor (2.40GHz)
    Memory
    2.00GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200
I tried sea monkey but did not like it to much . The best one that i like now is the slimjet it's on version 49 same as google chrome but no warnings that it will stop support .. It seems much faster

My Computer

I tried sea monkey but did not like it to much . The best one that i like now is the slimjet it's on version 49 same as google chrome but no warnings that it will stop support .. It seems much faster
I do also use SlimJet myself, as well as SeaMonkey, I do mostly use SeaMonkey because of the WYSIWYG editor, I believe it also has an IRC client, and I'm a mod on a channel, so yeah.
The features in SJ are pretty good too, although I wish you could download Dailymotion videos.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Packard Bell imedia s3210
    CPU
    AMD Athlon(tm) 7450 Dual Core Processor (2.40GHz)
    Memory
    2.00GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200
I'm trying to see if you can place tabs below the toolbar in SlimJet. I used SeaMonkey for years. A great classic browser. But I used to hide the menu bar, and place text labels beside small buttons with the Firefox 2 theme. There was an unofficial x64 build that I used to install on XP x64 Edition, but now it requires Windows 7 or higher, so even Vista is out for x64.

Sniff! :(

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP xw8600 Workstation
    CPU
    Two Intel Xeon Core2 Quad 3.2 GHz Processors
    Motherboard
    Proprietary
    Memory
    16 GB DDR2 800 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia Quadro FX 3800 PCI-E
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 213T 21" 4x3 Flat Screen
    Screen Resolution
    1600x1200
    Hard Drives
    Two Seagate Cheetah 300 GB SAS Disks
    PSU
    Proprietary
    Case
    HP xw8600 Workstation Case
    Cooling
    Two CPU Fans and One Larger Cooling Fan
    Keyboard
    PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft USB Optical Mouse
    Internet Speed
    7 mbps
    Other Info
    Storage Interface: Two LSI 3000 SAS Adapters
    Browser: Firefox ESR 102
Hi cammygirl192 I just checked On daily motion and you can download with Slimjet a little blue button will appear on the right side that allows you to download any videos .. I just updated to version 49..

My Computer

Getting back to Chrome, support has now ended.

The last Chrome update pushed to Vista and XP was 49.0.2623.112. If you are still using Chrome, my best advice is to stop right away! Install one of the browsers discussed in this thread that still supports Vista and familiarize yourself with it.

I've been following the comments at https://chrome.googleblog.com/2015/11/updates-to-chrome-platform-support.html, and I get the impression that many Chrome diehards intend to persevere, and want nothing more than to make the end-of-support warnings go away. In case any reader might fit that description, it has been reported that Chrome 50 (the current stable release for supported platforms) can be successfully installed on Vista using the offline installer. It has some security fixes not found in Chrome 49; and perhaps more importantly, it might not be subjected to as much scrutiny by cybercriminals as Chrome 49 almost inevitably will be. I would therefore encourage you to download the current offline installer - but Chrome 50 will very likely be the last version that can be installed on Vista. Beyond that, it is very important to find a way to manually update your Flash Player. This looks helpful: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/H2_TOyaSEZs. Good luck!

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium x86 SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion Elite m9150f
    CPU
    Intel Q6600
    Memory
    3 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
I tried to install Google Chrome 50 from their webpage .while downloading it a error popped up saying that my OS was not supported .. I do not think the offline would work either because of the codes that they use to put in ...

My Computer

Back