need help formatting hard drive

vavi2s

I am very computer savvy at least i thought, but i can not figure out how to simply format my hard drive back to factory settings!

The resources are capped after just opening a couple browser windows and its at 100% almost all the time so I want to just format it completely and start fresh!

when I get the the disk management, I cant format the hard drive and i cant partition it either.

Please Help!

My Computer

Hi vavi2s, welcome to vista forums, as a last resort you can do a ststem recovery if you have the discs,But if you do a system recovery remember it completely erases snd reformats the hard drive, deleting all data files you have created, system recovery reinstalls the operating system, programs, and drivers, so you should backup any files you want to keep, Good luck patch41

My Computer

Do you have the factory discs, or vista will allow you to make one set of discs if the discs were not included when you purchased your PC

My Computer

well i tried that free partition magic software and now the screen stays black and doesnt reboot, im gonna check the partition magic website for troubleshooting

My Computer

hi vavi2s, sounds like you may have corrupt files or virus malware problem,try a sfcscannow, Start, all programs,accessories,command prompt, run as admistrator, then type in command prompt window,
sfc /scannow, space after sfc, then enter,if it finds corrupt files run up to three times,also download and run
malwarebytes its a freeware program, run it on quick scan and if it comes up with anything run a full scan

http://malwarebytes.org

My Computer

Back