Solved Need scanner icon on desktop

Fred22

I have an Epson NX400 printer/scanner. I have the printer icon on the desktop, but not the scanner. My wife somehow managed to get the scanner icon on her desktop from the control panel, but doesn't remember how she did it. Anybody know?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron Laptop
    CPU
    AMD A8
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic
Go to control panel; printers, scanners etc. Go to the scanner of your choice, right click. You should see create shortcut, click on that and then send to desktop. Let us know how you made out.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I was able to see the scanner when I clicked on "scanners and cameras", but when I right clicked, nothing happened. When I double right clicked, it displayed some options like "test scanner", etc., but nothing RE create desktop shortcut. It also showed a Xerox scanner, which I don't even have. Is there another way to create a desktop shortcut? I've seen it done from the installed programs" window, but when you right click there you get "uninstall or change". Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The strange thing is, there is a printer icon on the desktop, but not the scanner.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron Laptop
    CPU
    AMD A8
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic
In the control panel, did you find scanners? If so just right click on your scannner. You should see several options one of which is create shortcut. If this does not work for you; following the above instructions, try this.

• Click on the windows start button.
  • Search for the keyword WIAACMGR.
  • Right click on the search result WIAACMGR.
  • Select SEND TO.
  • Click on desktop, create shortcut

let us know where you encountered problems..

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I found a very obvious and simple solution. I logged on to my wife's desktop where there was already a scanner shortcut, copied and pasted to my flash drive, logged on to my desktop and cut and pasted there. Now I have a shortcut that works. Thanks for your assistance.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron Laptop
    CPU
    AMD A8
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic
Back