network issues

larbec

I can not seem to connect to any of my other computers or wireless printer. I have a new HP lap top and wife has the same. She does not have an issue. When I go to look at my network I can see all of them but the error says to check with my admin. It says I do not have access. duh, I am the admin LOL

Can anyone suggest anything. I tried to change the printer sharing under discovery and it is grayed in so I cannot change it

Last edited:

My Computer

I can not seem to connect to any of my other computers or wireless printer. I have a new HP lap top and wife has the same. She does not have an issue. When I go to look at my network I can see all of them but the error says to check with my admin. It says I do not have access. duh, I am the admin LOL

Can anyone suggest anything. I tried to change the printer sharing under discovery and it is grayed in so I cannot change it

Hi,

I want to clarify one thing from u. right click on my computer icon and select manage.

Let me know the result.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro
    Motherboard
    Intel dq35j0
    Memory
    8 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    inter express chipset
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Wipro
    Screen Resolution
    1024*768
    Hard Drives
    500 gb
    Keyboard
    DELL
    Mouse
    Dell
    Internet Speed
    100 mbps(office lan)

Check that ur lap is a member of ur other lap's workgroop.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro
    Motherboard
    Intel dq35j0
    Memory
    8 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    inter express chipset
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Wipro
    Screen Resolution
    1024*768
    Hard Drives
    500 gb
    Keyboard
    DELL
    Mouse
    Dell
    Internet Speed
    100 mbps(office lan)
well I do not know what I did but all of the sudden my add printer sharing is not grayed out anymore and it allowed me to share. It even found the printer but still does not print. It brings up the printer and the box says everything about the Kodak printer and the ink levels are empty (which they are full) and it says Network Discovery Is Missing

My Computer

well I do not know what I did but all of the sudden my add printer sharing is not grayed out anymore and it allowed me to share. It even found the printer but still does not print. It brings up the printer and the box says everything about the Kodak printer and the ink levels are empty (which they are full) and it says Network Discovery Is Missing

am having the same problem

My Computer

yes it does and it says "ready"

Hi,

I thing a service is not yet started in ur sustem. To start that follow these steps.

1. Type "ncpa.cpl" in run,(it will shoe all of ur connections)
2. Double click on ur active connection,(it will be shown as connected)
3. Click the properties button,
4. In the window select the internet protocol version 4 and click install button,
5. In that menu select client and click add button,(then the client will be installed, If it asks for the installation disk put ur os cd which came with the laptop)
6.Click install again to add services and click add button.
7. restart ur system.

Let me know the result.:)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro
    Motherboard
    Intel dq35j0
    Memory
    8 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    inter express chipset
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Wipro
    Screen Resolution
    1024*768
    Hard Drives
    500 gb
    Keyboard
    DELL
    Mouse
    Dell
    Internet Speed
    100 mbps(office lan)
I found RUN, I will get the disk and see if it works and will report back...but everything is already selected including internet protocol version 4.........

My Computer

Back