new motherboard

Is that AMD overclocked yet? That might improve your performance. That is if your mobo is a decent overclocker... Just type in the mobo and 'overclock' in google and you'll find out straight away. If you need a guide to overclocking, here's one: Cyb3rGlitch Tutorials | Home. Just please don't waste ur money, which i'm sure you need for your car...:p, on any 939 motherboard!

Amplid

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Q9550 @ 3.2 GHz (for now)
    Motherboard
    Asus ROG Striker 2 Extreme
    Memory
    2 x 2Gb Patriot DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+
    Sound Card
    Creative Supreme FX 2
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Neovo F417 17''
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SP2504C SATA 7200rpm
    PSU
    Pc Power & Cooling 750
    Case
    Coolermaster CM 690
    Cooling
    6 120mm's, Xigmatek HDT 1283 with crossbow backplate
    Keyboard
    Logitech G11
    Mouse
    Logitech Cordless Trackman Wheel
    Internet Speed
    ~1000 Kb/sec
you can always try a cheap second hand 939 board until then. You should be able to pick one up for about 20 to 30 bucks.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K Pro
    Memory
    2 times 2GB Kingston (paired) DDR2 PC 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    9600GT 512MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 226 CW
    Screen Resolution
    1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    74GB 10.000 rpm WD raptor
    750 GB Samsung F1
    750 GB Samsung F1
    2 WD 500 GB drives
    PSU
    Recom Power Engine 600 Watt
    Case
    Apevia X-cruiser Blue
    Cooling
    Auras CTC-868 CPU cooler; 7 Zalman 120mm, 1 Papst casesooler
    Mouse
    Logitech wireless trackball
    Internet Speed
    50 mbit synchronous fibreglass connection
i think ill get a cheap 939 board as stated because its gonna be a while before i can overhaul the system.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.20 GHz
    Motherboard
    Biostar GeForce 6100-M9
    Memory
    2046 MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce 7600 GT
    Hard Drives
    120 GB Seagate
i got a few questions before i go out buying the thing, first off, how do i install it? can i just replace all the cables and chips previously on the old mobo and just pop em in this one? do i have to install vista again or perhaps drivers? also, do i have to get a new tube of thermal compound for the CPU?

EDIT: nvm about the thermal compound, i install the fan along with the CPU on the new board right?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Biostar GeForce 6100-M9
    Memory
    2046 MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce 7600 GT
    Hard Drives
    120 GB Seagate
i got a few questions before i go out buying the thing, first off, how do i install it? can i just replace all the cables and chips previously on the old mobo and just pop em in this one? do i have to install vista again or perhaps drivers? also, do i have to get a new tube of thermal compound for the CPU?

EDIT: nvm about the thermal compound, i install the fan along with the CPU on the new board right?

always re apply thermal paste when you remove the HSF....
the new board should be that simple to fit....
look out for standoff positions on the back plate of the case...
they may well differ to the new one.....remove any unused ones

you will have to reinstall vista ...but its always best when replacing something so key to its operation

the first thing you should install when the desktop finally arrives is the boards chipset drivers.... (many forget)

& take your time with cable management .....a lot of people find this an alien concept & dismiss the presence of wires b/c they think they have to be there....
feed them up the back of the board if possible

you would not belive the amount of heat messy wires adds to a rig..
:)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    ME.....
    CPU
    Q9450 @ 3.6ghz
    Motherboard
    P5K PREMIUM
    Memory
    8GB 1066mhz buffalo firestix
    Graphics Card(s)
    HD 5970
    Monitor(s) Displays
    20'' syncmaster
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    160GB 7200RPM SEAGATE BARRACUDA IDE
    160GB 7200RPM SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA 2
    PSU
    XCILIO 850w
    Case
    unknown ATX
    Cooling
    Arctic cooler pro 775
    Keyboard
    logitech EX110
    Mouse
    logitech cordless optical
    Internet Speed
    2mb
Don't know whether you have a OEM version of Vista or not, but the activation of vista can be bothersome if you have to do so after a reinstall when you've replaced hardware. IF you have to phone in to reactivate, make sure to explain that the motherboard was defective, and that you had no other option than to replace it.
Even then they can sometimes be difficult. To be honest (not that I'm advocating you telling them anything like this, just telling you my own experiences with MS Netherlands) I've found that the only time I have not had any problems getting them to activate my windows vista over the phone was when my HD had crashed within the first few months of purchase.

Anyways, judging from the picture you posted in the other post you have going, I would indeed say it's the motherboard which is causing the problems. I still think that it's partly caused by cooling of the chip, but as it's giving you screens like that, I think there's nothing you can do but replace the thing. I do recommend that you go for a board without an integrated video chip though. And maybe, to save money, try a second hand board for cheap. I'm sure there must be loads of enthusiasts who are upgrading right about now who would be willing to part with their old board for just a few bucks. Heck, I'd give you my old Asus A8N SLI for free if you lived anywhere nearby.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K Pro
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    9600GT 512MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    750 GB Samsung F1
    750 GB Samsung F1
    2 WD 500 GB drives
    PSU
    Case
    Apevia X-cruiser Blue
    Cooling
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
will all the files on my HD transfer sucessfully?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Biostar GeForce 6100-M9
    Memory
    2046 MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce 7600 GT
    Hard Drives
    120 GB Seagate
As long as you don't format your drive while installing, it shouldn't be a problem.
Just install the motherboard, then do the bios things, and start up the computer with the vista disk in there. Select install, and install it in the exact same place. It should be ok.

If you select the same username, it should even keep the files in your documents folder.

To be sure though, I'd see if I could transfer all the files in your documents folder to a different folder, just to be sure. But the isntall shouldn't touch your other stuff. Windows install will simply create a new directory called windows.old. You can later delete this folder, if the isntall went well.

Oh, and listen to what skunksmash said! He has some great advice. Especially on the cable management.
Also, I'm not so sure you can simply place the CPU in the new motherboard with the heatsink and fan still attached to it. So make sure you have some thermal paste handy. That stuff doesn't cost all that much anyway.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K Pro
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    9600GT 512MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    750 GB Samsung F1
    750 GB Samsung F1
    2 WD 500 GB drives
    PSU
    Case
    Apevia X-cruiser Blue
    Cooling
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
As long as you don't format your drive while installing, it shouldn't be a problem.
Just install the motherboard, then do the bios things, and start up the computer with the vista disk in there. Select install, and install it in the exact same place. It should be ok.

If you select the same username, it should even keep the files in your documents folder.

To be sure though, I'd see if I could transfer all the files in your documents folder to a different folder, just to be sure. But the isntall shouldn't touch your other stuff. Windows install will simply create a new directory called windows.old. You can later delete this folder, if the isntall went well.

Oh, and listen to what skunksmash said! He has some great advice. Especially on the cable management.
Also, I'm not so sure you can simply place the CPU in the new motherboard with the heatsink and fan still attached to it. So make sure you have some thermal paste handy. That stuff doesn't cost all that much anyway.

is there an option not to format my drive? how do i know what my username is? and what do u mean by transfer my documents?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Biostar GeForce 6100-M9
    Memory
    2046 MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce 7600 GT
    Hard Drives
    120 GB Seagate
How much stuff do you have on that 120GB and do you have a DVD burner or a second hard drive?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Fumz' Flux-Capacitor
    CPU
    E8400
    Motherboard
    DFI LP DK P35-T2RS
    Memory
    4GB G.Skill PC-1066
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA 8800 GTS
    Sound Card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 226BW
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    500GB W.D. RE2 Primary
    1TB W.D. Caviar GP WD10EACS
    PSU
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610
    Case
    Lian Li Lancool K62
    Cooling
    Thermalright Ultima-90/S-Flex 120mm
    Keyboard
    MS Natural Elite 4000 Ergonomic
    Mouse
    Logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    2.5MB/430
    Other Info
    D-Link DGL 4500
your username is your account name.... the name you use to log in with.

Also, if the drive is already formatted, which your drive IS, vista will NOT format it, you will need to tell it to format if you would want it to format. You don't want it to do that, so if you simply follow the normal install, you will not format your drive.

I had to reinstall my vista two weeks back, onto a different drive. My old drive, which had vista still on it was still attached though, and vista install noticed that it ws actually there, and saw that it had an install of vista on it, and therefor created a folder on the new drive with windows.old on it. It had all my old stuff in it. (though that was also still on the old drive). Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that vista WILL NOT format your drive without you telling it to explicitly.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K Pro
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    9600GT 512MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    750 GB Samsung F1
    750 GB Samsung F1
    2 WD 500 GB drives
    PSU
    Case
    Apevia X-cruiser Blue
    Cooling
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
ok good. and i have like 94GB worth of stuff on this HD and i just have a regular cd/dvd drive

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Biostar GeForce 6100-M9
    Memory
    2046 MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce 7600 GT
    Hard Drives
    120 GB Seagate