Newbie fails 1st day

Change your password email to something stronger, preferably 10 characters long, and a mixture of lower and uppercase. Truncate words into the middle of the word. That's for your email.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Sony Vaio Z46GDU
    CPU
    [email protected] w/6MB L2 cache 1066MHz FSB
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    9300M GS 256MB + Intel Integrated 4500MHD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    13.1" WXGA True Colour Tough
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    320GB SATA 7200RPM
    Internet Speed
    1MB/s
If anyone could guess my password I would be so shocked!!When you say truncate,what do you mean?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer aspire m1800
    Memory
    4gb
If anyone could guess my password I would be so shocked!!When you say truncate,what do you mean?

Main Entry: 1trun·cate
Pronunciation: \ˈtrəŋ-ˌkāt, ˈtrən-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin truncatus, past participle of truncare to shorten, from truncus trunk
Date: 1716
: having the end square or even <truncate leaves>

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    lenovo
    CPU
    intel quad 2.4
    Memory
    6GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    in vidieo
    Sound Card
    High Definition Audio, 8 speaker configurable
    Hard Drives
    650GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive
Mark,
I Imagine that that reply was geared to help me in some way,It is right out of Webster's ,and tells me nothing in regards to what Frostmourne means,"truncate words into the middle of the word."If you can apply that to a password can you explain this to me?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer aspire m1800
    Memory
    4gb
Mark,
I Imagine that that reply was geared to help me in some way,It is right out of Webster's ,and tells me nothing in regards to what Frostmourne means,"truncate words into the middle of the word."If you can apply that to a password can you explain this to me?

what hes saying is take long words and shorten them into a password

lngwrdsndshtnemntpswrds

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    lenovo
    CPU
    intel quad 2.4
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    in vidieo
    Sound Card
    Hard Drives
Mark,

what hes saying is take long words and shorten them into a password

lngwrdsndshtnemntpswrds
Thanks Mark,
I did receive a reply from Frostmourne about this and his response was to take a word,any word split it in half then add symbols and numbers,and using capitol letters,ie:annette,would ,for example become...aNn8$!1eTt2e.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer aspire m1800
    Memory
    4gb
It Looks good to me,certainly more complex than passwords I have been using and less susestible to a good guess or a dictionary attack.I think I am leaning a few things here.Its good:),Thanks Mark for your reply to me.If you differ,please post and I am open to learning new things all the time.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer aspire m1800
    Memory
    4gb
use what you will remember:D

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    lenovo
    CPU
    intel quad 2.4
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    in vidieo
    Sound Card
    Hard Drives
Cayn,

First thing I suggest, and it definately depends on sites visited and things you put into your computer, is a good Anti-virus pacakge. I, personally, use Norton 360 v3. It's light on the operating system and, I feel, provides good protection.

Happy computering!

My Computer

Cayn,

First thing I suggest, and it definately depends on sites visited and things you put into your computer, is a good Anti-virus pacakge. I, personally, use Norton 360 v3. It's light on the operating system and, I feel, provides good protection.

Happy computering!
Thanks for the advice I fully intend to get a security suite...need to choose which one though.I have had Norton 360,still do..i may reinstall until I get a security suite.Thanks grmlokkt.I'm learning by trial and error,mainly error but what the heck?Its how you learn.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer aspire m1800
    Memory
    4gb
Back