Newbie, new notebook, new worries Please Advise

I've had the same laptop for three months and I haven't had any trouble with it at all. I don't think its an HP thing. I don't think mine was "optimized" by BestBuy as it had crapware on it. Maybe that's the problem, the "optimization". Try using the recovery utility and restore it to the original state HP shipped it in. I've restored mine once because I did something stooopid...

I did turn it in to Best Buy for an unfondled version. How do you like it?
I'm very happy with it. I uninstalled some of the crap and trialware and made a few tweaks. It was my first foray into a 64 bit OS so I had a bit of learning to do, but overall I'm pretty happy with the laptop. It was exactly the type of machine I was looking for.

My Computer

I've had the same laptop for three months and I haven't had any trouble with it at all. I don't think its an HP thing. I don't think mine was "optimized" by BestBuy as it had crapware on it. Maybe that's the problem, the "optimization". Try using the recovery utility and restore it to the original state HP shipped it in. I've restored mine once because I did something stooopid...

I'm very happy with it. I uninstalled some of the crap and trialware and made a few tweaks. It was my first foray into a 64 bit OS so I had a bit of learning to do, but overall I'm pretty happy with the laptop. It was exactly the type of machine I was looking for.
When I buy any prebuilt computer (haven't the last couple times though) the first thing I do is a complete wipe of the HDD and reinstall the OS fresh and new. :)

~Lordbob

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5QC
    Memory
    2x2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia GeForce 9500GT 1Gb
    Sound Card
    Mobo
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 206bw
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SP2514N ATA 250Gb 7200RPM
    Samsung [Model] 1Tb 7200RPM SATA2
    PSU
    Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W
    Keyboard
    Razer Tarantula
    Mouse
    Razer Lachesis
    Internet Speed
    not fast enough
When I buy any prebuilt computer (haven't the last couple times though) the first thing I do is a complete wipe of the HDD and reinstall the OS fresh and new. :)

~Lordbob
Yeah, I know what you mean. I uninstalled the stuff I knew I didn't want. Now after having it awhile, I'm seeing what stuff I haven't touched and can get rid off. But having only a recovery partition the best I can do is put it back to the way I got it (which really wasn't all that bad). I'm not laying out for for an OS disc. :)

My Computer

If you already purchased the OS, then you can legally make your own disc.

~Lordbob

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5QC
    Memory
    2x2GB
    Graphics Card(s)