Solved Nforce4 AMD, SATA IDE Driver problem

Dynomutt

Hi Guys, Dynomutt Here, just to highlight that if you install the Nvidia SATA IDE drivers from windows update on Vista64 OEM then windows will require reactivation by phone both me and my neighber have simlar systems and have both had same problem, my mate tried phone activation after the update but it failed to reactivate, saying that his copy of Vista was already installed on a different machine. i personally did not try reactivation and just rolled back the drivers using device manager, this allowed Windows to be reactivated.

this is a very big mistake on MS's part I mean somthing as simple as a driver update from MS own windows update causing a stupid problem like this is utterly rediculous and hopefully will get rectified, having genuine windows appears to be more of a pain than running pirated copies, MS needs to sort this ASAP, oh and Nvidia needs to get some decent NF4 drivers out as the current state of affairs is not acceptable, hopefully we havent been abandoned.

anyway rant over. post any other AMD Nforce4 problems here if you please.

Last edited:

My Computer

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
cheers for the replys guys, I have also experienced the PIO mode issue with the SATA drivers, but still after install it requires reactivation and is will still not reactivate, not even by phone, i tried installing the hotfix from MS and it tells me that it does not apply to my system, the standard windows drivers seem to work well enough so i'm not too bothered, the aim of this post was just for informative purpose only, well that and I felt like a good rant at the time.

thanx Guys

My Computer

I own a FSC-PC with nVidia nForce 630i-chipset and an original XP Home license.
After some speed issues with a new Seagate harddisk I decided to install the newest drivers from nVidia. Former installed MS drivers were dated 2001.

I´m so lucky that I´ve made an Image of the installation before the driver update for the case that everything would fail. And Bingo - now the same problem. After updating to new Mainboard drivers, XP asks me to reactivate XP again inert 3days!!!! (WTF!?!)
Last time I did telephone activation cause Internet did not work. And now same s...t again, thank you MS for your fine OS!

My Computer

Back