• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved No sound when playing music or video, but internet sound works fine

Each time I try to play a song or video in wmp, itunes, VLC media player, InterVideo, etc. I get absolutely no sound. Videos play, I can see the images perfectly fine, but there's silence.
However, if I want to watch a video on youtube or anywhere else online, the sound works. There's got to be a simple solution to this but I can't seem to find it. Any help? I've been putting up with this for a long time and I'd really like to finally get it sorted out.
Oh and before you ask, the media players are not muted.

Last edited:

pacinitaly

HappyGuru Lovin2Help
Vista Guru
Each time I try to play a song or video in wmp, itunes, VLC media player, InterVideo, etc. I get absolutely no sound. Videos play, I can see the images perfectly fine, but there's silence.
However, if I want to watch a video on youtube or anywhere else online, the sound works. There's got to be a simple solution to this but I can't seem to find it. Any help? I've been putting up with this for a long time and I'd really like to finally get it sorted out.
Oh and before you ask, the media players are not muted.
Try vista codec pack:
Shark007's Codecs Homepage