ntkrnlpa.exe Corruption Error in Windows Vista

emraan110

helo all
kindly help me in my problem
i ve HP Pavillion entertainment PC,OS windows vista home premium 32 bit,160 GB hard disk &2GB RAM
After i forgot my windows password,i tried to recover my laptop to factory settings,from recovery disks,after 43 % message "Error 0x400 1100 20000 1005" appeared.i tried to recover from recovery partition & it cmplted full,when it rebooted my system msg appeared
File:\windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
windows failed to load because the kernel is missing,or corrupt
after various attempts,i contacted hp help line for live chat to hp technician
he asked me to run self hard disk chk(which was passed)
then he said dat probably my recovery disk and recovery partition both are not working so i ve to buy new recovery disk.
PROBLEM:
i m very far from my home country,they (HP) dont have service center here & pakistan(home),so i m very desperate what to do now.
can any body help me in dis regard.....i ll b so very greatful
tx in anticipation

My Computer

Dont worry about the ntkrnlpa.exe error and all the numbers. That's just a side-effect of the fact that the restore process failed mid-way.

Your primary goal should be to reinstall the system from scratch, successfully this time. If the support tech thinks the recovery partition is somehow damaged, then another disc sounds like the way to go.

My Computer

Any ideas what to do if you get this error after installing straight of the disk?

I started a fresh install, with the disk. I deleted all partitions on the hard disk, booted off the windows install disk, followed through all the steps, got to the part where you boot up, and it gave this error:

"file: \windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
Info: Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing or corrupt."

"repairing" isn't an option...since there's nothing to repair...all I have is the disk, and a deleted partition.

My Computer

Any ideas what to do if you get this error after installing straight of the disk?

I started a fresh install, with the disk. I deleted all partitions on the hard disk, booted off the windows install disk, followed through all the steps, got to the part where you boot up, and it gave this error:

"file: \windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
Info: Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing or corrupt."

"repairing" isn't an option...since there's nothing to repair...all I have is the disk, and a deleted partition.

0xc00000e9 is the numerical representation for STATUS_UNEXPECTED_IO_ERROR. It sounds like something's going wrong during attempts to read data off the HDD, either because you're relying on an incompatible driver (did you have to feed it drivers during setup?) or because something is wonky at a hardware level.

My Computer

I did a "badblocks" check (in linux, since I didn't have a windows box to check it on) and found the hard drive had many bad blocks. I guess that solved that... (time to replace the hard drive)

My Computer

I did a "badblocks" check (in linux, since I didn't have a windows box to check it on) and found the hard drive had many bad blocks. I guess that solved that... (time to replace the hard drive)

Sorry to hear that. At least you'll save yourself the hassle of having data mysteriously disappear and experience corruption because it's been stored on a dying HDD.

My Computer

Back