Outlook issue with Comcast?

Shaneb

I use Outlook 2003 and have several email accounts configured to it including my Comcast. Everything worked fine until last week.

When I send a mail from my Comcast account it shows sent in the sent folder but the recipient never receives it. I have verified all of my settings, called Comcast tech support and verified with them as well. All of the settings are correct. What is really strange is I have used the "Test Account Settings" and everything appears to work fine. I have tried to mail myself from the account and never receive it but it also shows sent.

If I mail directly from the Comcast web site it works just fine which really makes me think it is something wrong in my Outlook settings but it was working up until last week.

incoming server is - mail.comcast.net
outgoing server is - smtp.comcast.net

I have My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check marked and use the same settings as my incoming mail server.

Incoming server - 110
Outgoing Server - 587

Anyone have any ideas? I am frustrated now. Every other email account works fine. This same thing started happening last week on my wife's email also, she uses a secondary Comcast email to mine. She uses Outlook 2007.

Of course Comcast has no clue because it works from their web site.

My Computer

Back