Solved Party Time-Lorian Has Made 1000 Posts

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wish. Lorien, thanks you too and I am sure he will be here in person, soon.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Yes, Congratulations Lorien!! You were a tremendous help to me - thorough is just one description! So I haven't been on the forum in some time and thought I would check in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!! I sure picked the right DAY!!

Thanks, FCUSA. It was my pleasure to help - that's why we are here. If you ever need help again or just have a question (or just want to say Hi or do a little research and learning), feel free to drop by. Someone will always be here to assist you.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc. MP061 Inspiron E1705
    CPU
    2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory
    Motherboard
    Board: Dell Inc. 0YD479 Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    Memory
    2046 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Di
    Sound Card
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Chassis Serial Number: 5YK95C1
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1958 Kbps download ; 754.8 Kbps upload
    Other Info
    Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Dell AIO Printer A940

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

6TO4 Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Router Linksys / WRT54G -01
I'm late as usual to the party but I hope you had a good time and didn't eat too much cake, congratulations on the post count.:party:

I had a great time, but alas, no cake (but plenty of Egg Nog)! Thanks for the congrats - it did take a while to get there, but I'm happy to have reached it. Plenty more to come.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

I don't have much to contribute here, but I sure appreciate everyone's dedication and support! This is an excellent forum and keep the site close at hand.

Enjoy!!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio XPS 1640
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (2.4GHz/1066Mhz FSB/3M L2 Cache)
    Memory
    4GB
Yes, Congratulations Lorien!! You were a tremendous help to me - thorough is just one description! So I haven't been on the forum in some time and thought I would check in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!! I sure picked the right DAY!!

Happy Thanksgiving, and Welcome to the Forums. :party:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion Elite
    CPU
    AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard
    Some Amount of Motherness
    Memory
    6.O GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA nVIDIA GeForce GT 240 512MB DDR5
    Sound Card
    Some Amount of Soundness
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Two Monitors: HP w1907 & Acer P191w
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900 & 1440x900
    Hard Drives
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB
    PSU
    Some Amount of Voltageness
    Case
    Hp Pavilion Elite Case
    Cooling
    Some Amount of Coolingness
    Keyboard
    HP: Model Number: KB0911
    Mouse
    HP: M/N:M-SBQ133
    Internet Speed
    Comcast: 20 MB/S
    Other Info
    I have two monitors! I play Call of Duty: Black Ops & Modern Warfare II - Both on PC. Contact me through my website: ChaseKurry.com
Thank You! I would say 'I look forward to our busy season slowing down, so I can spend a little more time around the site to learn a bit about my computer', but somehow that sounds like a jinx. In my hour of need, Vista Forum came through for me and I will always be checking in! And, that is something to give thanks to...

Enjoy

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio XPS 1640
    CPU
    Memory
    4GB
I'm late as usual to the party but I hope you had a good time and didn't eat too much cake, congratulations on the post count.:party:

Yes,Cake is always good.Forget the thank-yous where is the cake?:D

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo Thinkpad T400
    CPU
    Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53GHz
    Motherboard
    LENOVO 64734VM
    Memory
    2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 800
    Hard Drives
    1x 180GB Intel 530 series SSD
    1 x 120GB Hitachi 5400rmp
    1 x 650GB Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    1x 1Tb Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    Internet Speed
    Medium for New Zealand
    Other Info
    Weakest part of my computer is the graphics chipset.
    Only ever used a laptop.
    Also use USB Freeview TV Card
    Lenovo Docking Station
    External Speakers
    Other bits a pieces as needed
Did someone say cake???? ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Built( I will never "buy" a PC)
    CPU
    AMD Phenom2 XII 560
    Motherboard
    Biostar A780L3L
    Memory
    4GB DDR3-1333
    Graphics Card(s)
    xfx 9800 GT
    Sound Card
    Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    AOC 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    320GB
    Cooling
    2 front, 2 back,one side
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless LX310
    Internet Speed
    18/2 cable
    Other Info
    Opera/Chrome / EPSON Stylus nx420 / Microsoft Security Essentials / CCleaner / Malwarebytes / OpenDNS / Paint.NET / 7-Zip / Windows Live Mail Client
Thank You! I would say 'I look forward to our busy season slowing down, so I can spend a little more time around the site to learn a bit about my computer', but somehow that sounds like a jinx. In my hour of need, Vista Forum came through for me and I will always be checking in! And, that is something to give thanks to...

Enjoy

Isn't this when the busy season BEGiNS for most businesses - and you're already looking forward to the end? And let's be honest, you may say that because it's more work - but I suspect you look forward with anticipation to the busy season because that's when you do the most business and make the most money. But I would expect you to have several seasonal busy periods (Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and perhaps others I'm not thinking about at the moment).

It's different for me. In the computer repair and network setup business, there really isn't a busy season so to speak - these problems occur at all times of the year (and 24/7). I suppose it does get busier when major releases are introduced (like a new operating system from Microsoft or a new version of Microsoft Office, or Cisco releases a new switch or wireless device or protocol, or a major local ISP changes the setup configurations), but those aren't very predictable and still tend to occur over time as most are phased in rather than converted all at the same time. It really isn't seasonal like the retail business. I suppose more people do buy computers when school starts and around Christmas, but it isn't what I'd classify as a "busy season" (I don't need to hire temps to keep pace with increased calls or anything like that).

And please do spend as much time here as you'd like. Use the Search feature (I prefer to go directly to the Advanced version myself) to find what interests you and check out the threads. Remember though to consider what you read in the threads because while most replies are correct or helpful (and you get to know who you can trust based on profile information and experience), like all forums, some are not useful and some are actually incorrect (though a later post may say something about that if you read it completely or a moderator may catch and repair an overt error - but not always). On the other hand, you can trust the Tutorials implicitly because they were mostly written or edited by one of our best and have been used many times here and by others so they have been tested (and are constantly being updated).

And if all you want to do is chat a bit in the Chllout Room, that's cool too. It's not the same type of contribution you meant earlier - but it still is participation. You won't learn as much about your computer, but it can still be fun. If there's anything in particular you want to learn, just ask and someone will help you find resources to check out.

Thanks for stopping by and for the thoughtful comments and feel free to do so anytime. Check out the Today thread where some people just post how they're feeling that day, or what they've done, or talk about a variety of things - this thread will eventually fade away but that one seems to keep on going like the Energizer Bunny. LOL! You can certainly add a comment or two there.

Take care and best wishes!

@ ilikefree & MWRed - sorry, but it seems you missed the cake (as did I). But someone else will have occasion to celebrate something (in a new thread or in Today or whereever) and you can catch up then if you get there early enough.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

I was going to say thanks for the 10,000 minutes of help/advice but as I've read your posts; it may be a bit longer:roflmao:

LET'S HEAR IT FOR LORIEN FOR THE > 100,000 MINUTES OF HELP, KINDNESS, ADVICE, PATIENCE, ANTIDOTES, ETC

we love you,

Carmine

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    gateway/m6881
    CPU
    centrino core 2 duo 2.2ghz T7500
    Memory
    3GB
    Hard Drives
    500GB WD
    Mouse
    logitech
    Internet Speed
    fios 35MB not!!!!
Hi Carmine,

Much appreciated! I don't even know what 100,000 minutes means - I'd have to search for some conversion table or program. LOL!

I honor of this post, I'll leave it at that - a short one just to be different.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Well, I suspect for most (big) retail. A good portion of our business relies on customers planning ahead for their own shows & events. But who are we kidding, being self-employed there really isn't any downtime! LOL Temp Help - well just not in the budget!!! No complaints actually, rather feel blessed - this is our first real fully operating season with the new website (still tons of work I want to do with it) but it has been rather exciting and has grown quite a bit. Having backed away from much of our longer distance travel, we rely on Florida events and because of the weather everyone jams the shows into the Fall season (as many of the Societies are filled with snowbird residents). We (for the most part) only work with Charity & Fundraising Events and that is the 'feel good' factor for me - where I can assist someone and contribute to the community - the smiles & gratitude helps keep my sanity! Sanity?? That might just be a wish... So hubby suggests last night we do two more shows (they called us while we were away this weekend) over the next 3 weeks...yeah...he's a slave driver!!

You may not have a specific season - but when the __it hits the fan...watch out! Like I was - I want this fixed and I want it fixed NOW!! In ancient time, I worked for the computer service division of Bell Atlantic - you know when portable computers meant you could possibly wheel it out on a hand truck and main frames had the power of today's laptops.LOL.LOL.LOL! I took the service calls and dispatched the techs. I had to learn real quick how to sooth those 'crazy IT managers'. Thinking back - it was truly funny. I became the 'queen' of the office (unknowingly). Apparently, I 'gave good phone' calming the hysteria enough and making their lives a little easier when they arrived on site. Sometimes, I can catch on quick. Oh, the good ol' days!

Catching on quick is why I keep this forum close at all times!! I am no fool - I now know where the talent is!!

Still had a problem with wifi over the weekend (and the clerk at the store absolutely no help). So I haven't posted on that issue to close it yet. Calling AT&T is on my list this week before we head out of town again. I am curious what they have to say considering most of the wifi we try to connect with are AT&T and they are our DSL provider which includes all their wifi hotspots. It's a mystery, I tell you, a mystery.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio XPS 1640
    CPU
    Memory
    4GB
Back