Patch Tuesday

richc46

Vista Guru
Gold Member
OK Gang its the second Tuesday of the Month soon, which means that we will be getting updates from Microsoft. To try to ensure a problem free installation set your windows update to notify and then install only one or two updates at a time. Doing them all at once or having them done automatically by Windows update is the cause of many problems experienced by members of this and The Seven Forums. Dont become a statistic, take your time to install
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/120695-windows-update-windows-automatic-updating.html

Slammer

Destroyer of Tyranny
Vista Guru
Um is it bad if I haven't gotten a new update available in months??? Maybe those will show up tomorrow, but I haven't seen any in quite some time... Just IE 9 (which I don't think I want) and Windows Live Essentials that I'll get around to installing eventually (150 meg is quite a bit).

Wait, nvm. Had the Automatic Install option set up, so I just wasn't seeing them. I forgot to change that option back when I restored my OS a while back. Glad you guys posted this! Wouldn't have known that otherwise! :)

Shadowjk

Network Enthusiast
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Um is it bad if I haven't gotten a new update available in months??? Maybe those will show up tomorrow, but I haven't seen any in quite some time... Just IE 9 (which I don't think I want) and Windows Live Essentials that I'll get around to installing eventually (150 meg is quite a bit).

Wait, nvm. Had the Automatic Install option set up, so I just wasn't seeing them. I forgot to change that option back when I restored my OS a while back. Glad you guys posted this! Wouldn't have known that otherwise! :)

Please note that Support and Updates end next Month for vista

Support Vista Business , Enterprise and Ultimate Support end August/September 2017

niemiro

Banned

Support Vista Business , Enterprise and Ultimate Support end August/September 2017

Only Vista SP1 support ends next month (July 12, 2011). You can read more here: Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Microsoft Windows

jasond19

Power User

was wondering exactly what this means, support ends for vista and updates??

niemiro

Banned

was wondering exactly what this means, support ends for vista and updates??

Hello!

Basically it means that Microsoft will no longer provide Windows Updates for it, including no security updates for it, and if you run into trouble, they will no longer help you out: What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?

richc46

Vista Guru
Gold Member
I think its time for most to go with Seven, but if you have SP2, you will still get updates for Vista.

richc46

Vista Guru
Gold Member
Maybe, you would want to look into an upgrade Seven. We will show you how to install is show it is just as good as the full, more expensive full retail DVD.

richc46

Vista Guru
Gold Member
If that is what you want, that will be great. Eight will be scheduled to come out late in 2012. Until then make sure that you visit to the forum often. You can ask questions or just learn and have fun. We will keep your Vista in A-1 condition as long as possible.