Solved PC Booting Problem!

Okay, I downloaded the "lite" version, it told me under the search tab that I have successfully installed all the drivers. However, under the driver tab it says that "No driver databases found" since I don't have full version installed. I'm currently installing the full version which is 3GB somethin' through torrent, but its very slow! Am I supposed to install it? :O

Um.. did you restart your computer after the drivers had installed?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
No since it doesn't look it installed anything, but i'll give it a try..

thats the way that driver installations generally work. if they dont get fixed after the restart then continue with the 3gb torrent, I think the reason for the large size is that the drivers are actually built into the software.

EDIT: yes im correct on that one, the drivers are built into the software so you can install them in offline mode with the full version.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
Umm, okay, i'm feeling down atm! I'll let it download eventhough it will take ages.. 3k~25k I mean come on!

In case its still presist, should I buy a new graphic card? when I look at it, GTX 280 is pretty old and I'm thinking to upgrade it, whats the newest ATI card in the market that has the same size(pratical not virtual) as GTX 280 which I can assure it will fit in my case!

My Computer

Umm, okay, i'm feeling down atm! I'll let it download eventhough it will take ages.. 3k~25k I mean come on!

In case its still presist, should I buy a new graphic card? when I look at it, GTX 280 is pretty old and I'm thinking to upgrade it, whats the newest ATI card in the market that has the same size(pratical not virtual) as GTX 280 which I can assure it will fit in my case!

No worries, we'll get it sorted it out :)

I will seed the torrent for you so it will be a little faster

As for the graphics card, I'm not sure when it comes to the hardware section of computers, but I believe that all graphics card should fit. If this 3gb download doesn't solve it, then mark this thread as solved, and create a new thread asking for advice on a new graphics card.

Do you play any heavy duty games or is it just for basic use?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
I do play heavy games, such as Crysis, FFXIV and Guild Wars 2 (when it comes out)

Then I suppose that you'll need a rather high perfomance graphics card. You can continue with your search, try posting in the "gaming" section of the forums for advice on a new graphics card.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
Edit: I have a silly question, am I able to backup my files in my internal hard drive, copy and paste it to my external in SAFE MODE? (they're like 300GB+ contains vids, files etc!)

My Computer

Edit: I have a silly question, am I able to backup my files in my internal hard drive, copy and paste it to my external in SAFE MODE? (they're like 300GB+ contains vids, files etc!)

No such thing as a silly question! :)

You have two options:

1) Copy and paste it, as you said, from the root folder (C:/)

2) Create a back-up and save it onto your external drive.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
He still never answered my questions about the monitor.

He could also try pulling his graphics card and reseating it. Might even check the connections.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster SB Audigy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2436
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p
    Hard Drives
    Samsung HD 105SI
    WDC WD20
    Case
    Apevia XJupiter
    Cooling
    air
    Keyboard
    Logitech MX 3200
    Mouse
    Logitech MX 600
    Internet Speed
    30 Mbps
Don't worry, once you get inside the computer case you'll feel like a genius with your mini screw driver and hand full of screws. If you have any questions you can search google or youtube, or just post here with a picture.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion G6
    Memory
    750GB HDD 6GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Internet Speed
    25mbps
By any chance did you check to make sure the 6-pin and 8-pin PCIe power connectors to the graphics card are still securely connected?

Also, you say you "upgraded the hard drive" - did you keep the old one in there along with the new? My experience is that the artifacts you are describing are either lack of power or a cooked card.

BTW - what prompted you to replace the hard drive in the first place? I ask because I had a a video card very slowly die on me and caused all sorts of issues. For instance, I constantly got errors with devices on my USB ports. Printer not recognized, ports randomly disabling, and also sporadic lock-ups and a crash or two of my system.

Piece by piece I tested things and it turned out it was my card. and it wasn't until well into the testing that it started to develop the artifacts you are talking about. So it was dying before it was obvious.

Same thing goes for your PSU. That could have been on it's way out before this started and is now not able to deliver enough juice to fully run that card.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield - stock
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
    Memory
    2X2GB G.Skill 10F3-10600CL9D-4GBPK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800 Ultra KO Edition
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" Westinghouse LCd from Black Friday a few years ago
    Screen Resolution
    1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    2X80GB Seagate ST series in RAID 0
    1X1.5TB
    1X1TB
    PSU
    Antec Gamer Series HCG-900 900W
    Case
    COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN3 CM690 II
    Cooling
    Stock (for now)
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop
    Internet Speed
    Comcast 15/5
Hey guys, sorry for the late response! i've been outside the country so I couldn't be in contact. Well, i've been in Dubai last week and I bought a new graphic card to replace with mine along with an air blower to clean whats inside the case so two birds with one stone!? anyway.. I came back home last night, opened the case and cleaned it from dust (man it was too dusty) and then replaced the card. SOOOOOO far it seems good! the issues I had seem to be gone now so it solved! I feel like a genius as you mentioned "windows8" haha. @Marcbf I had to get a new Hard Drive since my old one was almost full, and I needed to upgrade and I didn't install a secondry; on other word, I didn't install both of 'em only replaced. Well, we all share the same dam' problem man, so it seems! X)

My Computer

Thanks for the update Bosaif. It does sound like a new video card solved the issue and that perhaps it was coincidence that the old one failed around the same time you changed drives. Glad to hear that you are back up and running.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield - stock
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
    Memory
    2X2GB G.Skill 10F3-10600CL9D-4GBPK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800 Ultra KO Edition