Solved Permissions Headache

Ya looks like that file isn't going to work. Just ignore it. One other thing: have you tried just creating a different account, making it admin, and trying this stuff from there? Slight possibility that it's just the account you're using that's screwy.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz
    Motherboard
    DELL - 27d90219 Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (DPMS), 15.3" (34cm x 19cm)
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Internal 320 GB
    Portable 320 GB used for separate storage of media, plugged into USB port as needed.
    Cooling
    Single built in fan
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touchpad, + Logitech wireless mouse (USB)
    Internet Speed
    ~150 kilobytes/sec DL
    Other Info
    Usually have low HD free space left (<10 GB), often left on overnight. I really push its capabilities.
Okay sorry folks for the long silence.

My wife has given birth to my daughter so my mind and time was far from this lol. Ok well here is the up date.

After trying everything I found a way BUT it screwed up my log in service. I created another account and gave it admin rights. Then logged into that a account and tried to make that account a super admin through cmd and in safe mode. Yes it worked right until I logged off. I tried to login again on either account and it said my password was incorrect. So I am sorry to say but I finally gave in and went out to buy windows 7 plus an external cd drive. I lost everything and was not even able to reinstall vista (that was the first thing i tried) It said it could not find the windows file lol Just installed windows 7, and you know what not one error or problem... bliss for now. Anyways thanks for your ideas and support until next time...

Boatdude

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Espire 7730ZG
    CPU
    Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @2.16GHz
    Memory
    1T
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9300M GS
    Hard Drives
    C:\
    D:\
    Mouse
    Trust
Congrats on the baby, glad you got your computer back up and running, and sorry to hear about the loss of all your files. haha. You're welcome. :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz
    Motherboard
    DELL - 27d90219 Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (DPMS), 15.3" (34cm x 19cm)
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Internal 320 GB
    Portable 320 GB used for separate storage of media, plugged into USB port as needed.
    Cooling
    Single built in fan
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touchpad, + Logitech wireless mouse (USB)
    Internet Speed
    ~150 kilobytes/sec DL
    Other Info
    Usually have low HD free space left (<10 GB), often left on overnight. I really push its capabilities.
Congrats on the baby, glad you got your computer back up and running, and sorry to hear about the loss of all your files. haha. You're welcome. :)
Thanks first few days were hard as hell lol. Yeah the loss of files stung abit since my newly up dated cv which I translated into another language (took about 3 hours lol) was gone also. Meh I find you keep alot of files which you never use but you keep for "just in case". So its good in one way. Well I will keep coming back here to see if i can help anyone, as a way to pay back the help given. :geek:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Espire 7730ZG
    CPU
    Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @2.16GHz
    Memory
    1T
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 9300M GS
    Hard Drives
    C:\