please help! trouble with nwn2

forest sleeper

I just bought a new compaq with a intel (r) 82945gexpresschipset family graphics card. Windows Vista home premium. I got nwn2 installed but when I try to load the game I get the message could not find compatable direct3 device. I've sat the icon on windows xp still no go. My computers not even online yet and I can't get this silly game to run.
Any help would be appreciated.
Forest Sleeper

My Computer

I just bought a new compaq with a intel (r) 82945gexpresschipset family graphics card. Windows Vista home premium. I got nwn2 installed but when I try to load the game I get the message could not find compatable direct3 device. I've sat the icon on windows xp still no go. My computers not even online yet and I can't get this silly game to run.
Any help would be appreciated.
Forest Sleeper

Welcome to the Vista Forums :party:

I'm afraid I don't have good news for you. Most likely, you have a 3D card that NWN2 does not support. If you give the model of video card you have, that would help a great deal. You should be able to run dxdiag from the "Start Search" box and that will give you the make and model of your 3D card under the display tab.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Q6600 Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 X 1 GB DDR2 Kingston 800 Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Dell 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    3360x1050
    Hard Drives
    320 GB Internal Main
    500 GB USB External
    160 GB USB External
    2TB USB External
    Internet Speed
    DSL 3MB
oops that was the intel(r) 82945g expresschipset family that's what it says my graphic card is.:o

If that's a newer PC, you should have a PCI-E slot available. There are many good GPU's (graphics cards) that work with PCI-E. You may want to explore an upgrade option to your video system.

I hope things work out for you.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Dell 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    3360x1050
    Hard Drives
    320 GB Internal Main
    500 GB USB External
    160 GB USB External
    2TB USB External
    Internet Speed
    DSL 3MB
LOL oh perfect I bought a computer a couple of days ago and already need to update my grahics card :P

There is some discussion in the NWN2 forums related to your situation. There is some talk of solutions. Check out the thread and the links they refer you to. Maybe you can get it to work. Here's the link: Neverwinter Nights: Direct3D problem

I hope this helps.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB
    Monitor(s) Displays