Solved Power Management Interface Driver

Jody Thornton

Power User
I was missing a driver for an Unknown Device, and the Hardware ID showed up as:

ACPI\PNP0700
*PNP0700

It's parent device was the Intel 82801EB LPC Interface Controller. So I figured I was missing the Power Management Controller. I look in the drivers included with Vista and all that was on hand was the Intel 82371EB Power Management Controller. I attempted to use this driver, and there are no errors, but I really don't think that's correct.

Interestingly, my last Vista installation did not exhibit this issue. I wonder if anyone who has an HP xw8200 (with ANY OS installed) can tell me what driver is used for this device (most likely the power management controller).

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks. :)

Jody Thornton

Power User
Thank you. I will do. I've learned that this is likely the floppy controller which not only did I have disabled on my system, but the drivers were also vLited from my Vista installation DVD

Jody Thornton

Power User
So I installed the drivers for the Standard Floppy Controller (from the original Vista DVD). But then it detected a phantom floppy drive. So, to make Device Manager happy, I installed the drivers for the Floppy Disk Drive.

Mind you, the controller is disabled in the bios, there IS NO drive, and the previous installation of Vista (from the same vLited DVD) never asked for it. Nor did Windows XP x64 Edition.

Device Manager is clean now, but it's a tad strange.