Problem Creating Network Bridge

jcar115

Im sorry but I wasnt sure which section this post should go in.
I have plugged my xbox 360 into my Toshiba Satellite laptop with a cross over cable. I am using a wireless connection with my laptop and I attempted to bridge my connection so i can play XBL on my 360. I recieved this message: "An unexpected error occured while configuring the network bridge." This started happening after i reinstalled windows. Before the reinstallation it worked completely fine absolutetly no problems. There are no more updates to install on windows updates. I am unsure if what im about to say has anything to do with this problem, but here goes. I went to device manager and went under network adapters clicked show hidden devices and then I tried to update my WAN miniport drivers(all of them) but everytime for all of them i get this message: " Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error when trying to install it, the system cannot find the file specified. What is my next step?
Thanks.

My Computer

your first step is to see if there is a ! or a ? mark in your device man and then figure out what the device is then install the driver for the device if its under the network
go to this website Toshiba Support - Homepage and go to download select laptop in the drop down box and then select sate and then select the type you may have and then go from there

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    PENTIUM DUEL-CORE 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
    Memory
    6.00 GB
if you dont have a ! or a ? then you should not be reciving that message...ok your running wireless. so that means your running DSL or cable so that means you either have a PppOe connection or a dynamic connection the PppOe connection requiers a username and a password.a dynamic does not and your trying to connect your XBL to your computer so you will have to creat a bridge you will have to go into your network and sharing and creat a new connection the connection you will want to chose will be a connection connected all the time.but you can still remove it as you like just leave the connection open and if you have a PppOe connection you will need to creat a broadband connection so you will have to split the connection between the two if you would like further help plz fill free to EMAIL ME [email protected] leave in subject ATT COMP HELP

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    PENTIUM DUEL-CORE 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
    Memory
    6.00 GB
Back