Problem in Creating mailbox in Exchange Server 2003

seetha

Hi Guys,

Greetings to all...

I'm facing a problem in creating the mail box in Exchange Server 2003 via script.

Let me Explain the Requirements :

I'm automating the ADMIN process via vb scripting. we are having two different server for "Active Directory (LDAP)" and "Exchange Server 2003". "Test Linux Server".

Now I need to create a email box for a particular user those who are having account in AD.

I found a utility for MailBox Creation.
The name of the Utility is : ExchMbx.exe

If we provide the DNstring to this utility it'll create the mail box for that user.

Example :
dsquery user -samid mkautomate | ExchMbx.exe -cr "CN=Mailbox Store (BLREXCH01),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=BLREXCH01,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=VITAGETECH,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=vitagetech,DC=com"

otherwise we can given -b and DNString

I placed this ExchMbx.exe in C:\Tools\ dir.

from the command prompt I called this exe with the above option, I could create the email box for the given user. :)

So for I does all these executions in Exchange server directly (mstsc RDP Connection as domain + exchange server + enterprice admin). :)

------------------------

Remote Execution.... :(

There is a utility available for executing a scripting windows server through linux.
winexe
code source & examples are available here.
winexe homepage :)

I used this utility for AD User Creation and other AD related tasks. It worked very well and proven also.

now I'm calling the create_mailbox.vbs via winexe.

winexe --system -U <domainname>/<adminuserid>%<adminpassword> //<ExchangeServerIP> "ipconfig"

If the above one is success and if you get the IPConfig, Call this script,

winexe --system -U <domainname>/<adminuserid>%<adminpassword> //<ExchangeServerIP> 'cscript C:\Tools\ExchMbx.exe -b "CN=mkautomate,OU=RBA,DC=vitagetech,DC=com" -cr "CN=Mailbox Store (BLREXCH01),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=BLREXCH01,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=VITAGETECH,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=vitagetech,DC=com"'

I pass the same domain UserId and Password to winexe.

It simply saying "Access Denied". :huh:

I checked the event/error/application logs in the Exchange server.
I checked the permissions are same through the RDP as well as the winexe.

I'm breaking my head for past 2 weeks. :(

What could be the problem ?? Can any one help me on this ??

Regards,
Sri

My Computer

Back