Procedure entry point could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library KERNEL32.DLL

PGarg08

Hello,

When I start my laptop, I am getting the message "The procedure entry point GetShortPathName coulkd not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" for Internet browser exe, yahoo messengar exe and many other programs.

My laptop was working fine till yesterday night. I have no idea what is the cause of this problem and how could I resolve it.

I will appreciate any response/help to resolve this issue.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Pankaj

My Computer

Re: Procedure entry point could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library KERNEL32.D

Thanks for your quick response.

I had not downloaded anything in recent past, and It was perfectly working fine till yesterday night.

Anyway, I will try your suggesstions. Just want to confirm, if I still get same message then should I try to install windows-visa again?

Thanks,
Pankaj

My Computer

Re: Procedure entry point could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library KERNEL32.D

I tried both the options, sfc/scnanow and system restore, I am still getting same error message.

Please suggest any other solution.

Thanks,
Pankaj

My Computer

It's wrong.I suspect viruses:because scanning on allive system is not credible use this bootable LiveCD with antivir (here kaspersky) ->Kaspersky Rescue Disk Free Download and Reviews - Fileforum
Burn *.iso boot it run & scan.Everything will depends whats liveCD find - if will be only prymitive trojan which only add few files to startup system you will save your system - will be enough to remove wrong files.if it find out also system files are infected unfortunatly you will have to format computer .If LiveCD nothing find check you have trouble in save mode,if in save mode no problem disable all non-system services (Clean boot procedure) and check results:

How to perform a clean boot procedure to determine whether background programs are interfering with a game or a program that you currently use

Last edited:

My Computer

Back