RaLink Wireless Drivers

UberVDub

Ok, so I have this really cheap Wireless card, that works surprisingly well in XP, and in Vista x86, I just set the installer to XP. I really thought I would never get the device to work in x64, but to my amazement, it is working quite well. This card has a RaLink chipset on it, and after doing some research, I found a link to the RaLink driver website.

Ralink Technology: Windows

1. I ran the installer for my particular chipset RT2560 (RT2500:3.2.0.0). It installed just fine and it plopped a utility icon in the taskbar.

2. I run the utility, and nothing happens, I hover the mouse above the icon it it reads "Does not Exist". Hmmmmmm......

3. I try re-installing the device driver through the device manager and point the search to the RaLink folder in Program Files - that's usually where they are........and nothing.

4. I remember catching the install out of the corner of my eye, and I remember something about the System folder (my guess was the driver files were installed here instead of putting an .inf file in the folder it created).

5. I once again re-installed the driver, but this time I pointed the search to the C:\ drive, and guess what? It found the driver, installed, and I can run the utility without any issues. :)

6. This blurb is from the RaLink Release Doc, so I was not sure if it would work.

Release History:
VA_IS_STA_6x_D-2.0.3.0_2500_D-3.2.0.0_RU_1.0.4.0_021307_0.0.0.8f.exe
UI:
[RaUI 1.0.4.0]
1. Vista UI First Release.
P.S. RT2500 doesn’t support Vista UI.
VA

My Computer

Back