Recover Gateway Laptop Using Recovery Disc

starchase

I've got an older Gateway laptop that I'm giving away to Goodwill. So I've restored it using the recovery disc in order to give an Out Of Box Experience to whomever acquires it. It restored nicely but I thought when I'd get to the point where ya type in all the user information, like Country, Language, and proceed through those windows, that I'd be able to Exit and let someone turn on the machine and start from scratch but there is no exit button. Looks like I'd have to go through all the setup entries which I didn't want to do. I thought I'd this do a hard shut down but I'd like to avoid that! Is there any Windows way to close and shut down when your at this beginning point in setup?
John

My Computer

I've got an older Gateway laptop that I'm giving away to Goodwill. So I've restored it using the recovery disc in order to give an Out Of Box Experience to whomever acquires it. It restored nicely but I thought when I'd get to the point where ya type in all the user information, like Country, Language, and proceed through those windows, that I'd be able to Exit and let someone turn on the machine and start from scratch but there is no exit button. Looks like I'd have to go through all the setup entries which I didn't want to do. I thought I'd this do a hard shut down but I'd like to avoid that! Is there any Windows way to close and shut down when your at this beginning point in setup?
John
I did find my answer on the Windows Ten forum:

the answer works perfectly, "press SHIFT + F10 when you arrive to OOBE region selection screen" does bring up a CMD window then type this shutdown command: C:\Windows\System32\shutdown -s -t 0 -f
Thanks to Kari and Brink!

My Computer

Back