Remote Desktop Invations

friendlygiraffe

hi there,

I was wondering if it was at all possible to set up Vista Remote assistance so that you don't have to send out and invite every single time you want to use it?

Thanks in advance

My Computer

Hi friendlygiraffe,
I like the question! Check out this tutorial:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/116361-remote-assistance.html?ltr=R

Hey brink! What timing I have eh!?

Raj :)
Thanks for your reply rajinisback

I read through the tutorial and I have already got as far as setting it all up, but it doesn't seem to mention wether there is a way round sending and invitation every single time

I tried to re-use the sent file but the password only seems to work once

Can this be by-passed?? I want to give assistance to a family member and it would be frustrating to get them to send an invite every time

Thanks!

My Computer

Hmm well there might be a way but I do not know how. Giving how MS is concered with security I doubt it. The way I prefer to initiate Remote Assistance with friends is via MSN Messenger. If you want to remote control a machine without the family member doing anything you can take a look at TightVNC: VNC-Based Free Remote Control Solution. I use this when Remote Assistance is not an option for me.
Raj

My Computer

Hmm well there might be a way but I do not know how. Giving how MS is concered with security I doubt it. The way I prefer to initiate Remote Assistance with friends is via MSN Messenger. If you want to remote control a machine without the family member doing anything you can take a look at TightVNC: VNC-Based Free Remote Control Solution. I use this when Remote Assistance is not an option for me.
Raj
thanks alot, I'll give it a try

My Computer

Back