Repeating Spelling Check Complete Message

joelee52

I am unable to compose or reply to email messages because I get a Spelling Check Complete message before I begin tying. The message pops up repeatedly after I click OK. I have not typed a single word; so there is no spelling to check. I have tried changing languages back and forth from English to French to see if that might help. But it did not. Could not find anything on this problem at the Microsoft site. Have run my antivirus software (Rising) and found 2 trojans, which were deleted. But problem continues. I can't be the only person to have experienced this. Any help ill be appreciated.

--- Joe ---

i8I

My Computer

Cross fingers and try
Tools
Options
Spelling
Trial and error with the tick marks

This is done from the pane that shows new mail

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Not sure what you mean by trial and error with tick marks. I tried checking al boxes, no boxes, and picking a couple. Makes no difference. There has to be a reason why spell check is suddenly active even before I put a single character on the screen. This can't be the only time this has ever happened.

--- Joe ---

My Computer

Not sure what you mean by trial and error with tick marks. I tried checking al boxes, no boxes, and picking a couple. Makes no difference. There has to be a reason why spell check is suddenly active even before I put a single character on the screen. This can't be the only time this has ever happened.

--- Joe ---

What I meant is what you did Joe. If I come up with something more, I will let you know.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Re:continuous popping up of "Spelling & Grammar" box in MS Word or Excel

Whenever I try to type in word or excel, "Spelling and Grammar:English(United Sates)" starts popping up and the instant I close one such box the same box suggesting some other error from previously typed text, appears and this process continues till I gets success in closing the Word /Excel page. Can any one help please?:sick:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro Limited
    Memory
    2.00 GB
Back