Restart loop if i install updates

logangr

Hi, I have Vista Ultimate 64 installed in my pc with SP2. I never had any problem with automatic updates until recently where after i installed the updates the pc entered an infinite rewstar loop after trying to install update 3 of 3. I googled it and saw that this problem came on surface on february and after installing a certain update first u were ok but i already have this update through SP2...any idea what to do in order to install this updates without problem?

My Computer

I have already see this which is about an old update and also used the solution to get out of the loop but the file that is said to install in this page afterwards so as to be able to install the updates when i try to install it i get an error message that it doesn't apply to my system probably because i already have it

My Computer

Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges and type

sfc /scannow

when it will done create report

Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges and type

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

on your desktop appear file sfcdetails.txt

next run CheckSur Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows Server 2008 R2 Release Candidate, and for Windows 7 Release Candidate
even if this tool won't resolve problem automatically it create logs:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

System also create logs -there is log C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log but this log is mostly too big
So download FireGenUL Altair Technologies Ltd.
place this file in C:\Windows\System32 and restart computer
next run cmd.exe and type

firegenul

and then will create short *.htm report from WindowsUpdate.log placed in C\Windows\System32 -report name FireGenUlReport.htm

All tree files:FiregenUlReport.htm,sfcdetails.txt and CheckSUR.log pack them and attache to post -if they will are to big to attache upload them on Speedy Share - upload your files here
if you will have any problem with creating FireGenUlReport.htm attache WindowsUpdate.log instead

My Computer

Hi, I have Vista Ultimate 64 installed in my pc with SP2. I never had any problem with automatic updates until recently where after i installed the updates the pc entered an infinite rewstar loop after trying to install update 3 of 3. I googled it and saw that this problem came on surface on february and after installing a certain update first u were ok but i already have this update through SP2...any idea what to do in order to install this updates without problem?

Try renaming the software distribution folder with the help of this thread

Let me know the result :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Wipro
    Motherboard
    Intel dq35j0
    Memory
    8 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    inter express chipset
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Wipro
    Screen Resolution
    1024*768
    Hard Drives
    500 gb
    Keyboard
    DELL
    Mouse
    Dell
    Internet Speed
    100 mbps(office lan)
i did flavius steps trying to create the 3 files and after completing them i tried to install again the updates and everything installed fine...except from one! KB954430 a security update for xml services which every time i try to install it althought it shows that it has installed correctly when i reboot my pc the update is still there available to be installed!!! any idea why that happens??

My Computer

Back