dendene

I have the following architecture

192.168.1.23-------192.168.1.5----- 192.168.1.1
windows vista ----->windows XP ------->gateway------>internet
-----+-------------------- +----------------- +
olsr for routing-------- dhcrelay-------- dhcp server
---------------------------+
----------------------olsr for routing

vista make several problems it can't route packets, it supposes that the gateway 192.168.1.1 is situated in the same LAN, and it sends ARP requests to get its MAC address, i see in the routing table of vista that the route to 192.168.1.1 pass by 192.168.1.5 however it doesn't use this route and suppose that the router 192.168.1.1 is in the same LAN and it sends ARP requets, the mode ad hoc with vista doesn't work, if i put 2 PC windows XP. the second XP routes its packets throw the first 192.168.1.5, but with Vista it fails, any body have a solution for this ?? I have tried many configurations for vista but each time i fail :confused:

Last edited:

My Computer

hello i have finally get a solution, i have modified olsr code source to make it able to change the arp table content, so it works fine

to do this manually use the command netsh as an administrator under Vista

netsh interface ipv4 add neighbors (iface_index) (dst_addr) (nexthop_mac_addr)

so to make it automatic use ShellExecuteEx in a c++ program, this function can run command with admin previleges

My Computer

dendene,

Why in the world would you setup a routing environment with the same network number on different interfaces? That doesn't make any sense.

Each interface on the router should have a different network number.

If you want to use the same network number on both interfaces, setup a bridge, not a router....

S-

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel E6600 @ 3.0 GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA nForce 680i SLI (NF68-A1)
    Memory
    4GB - CORSAIR XMS2 PC2 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS (640MB)
    Hard Drives
    2 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (320GB)
    1 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (500GB)
yes of course, in an ad hoc architecture i need that all clients have the same prefixe, so i have one dhcp server, moreover i haven't multiple interfaces in each client, i have only one wireless interface, i can't use a bridge for one interface???

My Computer

dendene,

Why can't you bridge instead of route?

S-

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel E6600 @ 3.0 GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA nForce 680i SLI (NF68-A1)
    Memory
    4GB - CORSAIR XMS2 PC2 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS (640MB)
    Hard Drives
    2 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (320GB)
    1 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (500GB)
using bridges is impossible, i have draw a simple architecture, in the reality i have more than 10 pc's which can move any where, these pc's are not mine, so any body can connect to my network and not all users know how to setup bridges in windows, moreover bridges my flood my network, it is impraticable

My Computer

Back