Scheduled task already exists

I appreciate your trying to help. I do have workarounds, but they involve leaving the computer on, as opposed to being in Sleep mode. Not as 'green' a solution, but I guess you can't win them all.

My Computer

what if you shut off the computer ahead of the mystery task, then check the logs to see what failed to run?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Aleinware Area-51
    CPU
    core 2 extreme x9000 2.8 Ghz
    Memory
    4 Gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    (2) Nvidia 8800m GTX in Sli
    Sound Card
    Onboard RealTek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    42" JVC LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p 32 bit
    Hard Drives
    (2) seagate 7200rpm in RAID 0
    (1) maxtor external 1 terabyte firewire
    Case
    laptop
    Keyboard
    a really spiffy backlit one that i can change color ;>)
    Mouse
    logitech Anywhere Mouse and built-in touchpad
    Internet Speed
    Cable
That would require me to shut it off before going to bed, thus losing my alarm, or getting up before the alarm goes off, which is totally against my religion.

My Computer

or you could temporarily reset your system clock from windows or the BIOS or both, which i believe, is non-secular:D

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Aleinware Area-51
    CPU
    core 2 extreme x9000 2.8 Ghz
    Memory
    4 Gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    (2) Nvidia 8800m GTX in Sli
    Sound Card
    Onboard RealTek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    42" JVC LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080p 32 bit
    Hard Drives
    (2) seagate 7200rpm in RAID 0
    (1) maxtor external 1 terabyte firewire
    Case
    laptop
    Keyboard
    a really spiffy backlit one that i can change color ;>)
    Mouse
    logitech Anywhere Mouse and built-in touchpad
    Internet Speed
    Cable
I'll have to wait until I get a day that I don't have to be up at 6 (like the weekend) and try that out. Alter the clock for a couple of hours, then put it back in the morning. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the idea.

My Computer

It's been awhile since I started this post, but I thought you may want to see my solution. I spent endless hours trying to find a fix, to no avail. The computer wakes from sleep Monday through Friday at 6am, no matter what. But I did find a workaround, almost elegant in simplicity, suggested above by kword 88. Wish I hadn't been so focused on finding a fix! All that needs to be done is to reset the clock, then reset it to the proper time when I get up. Thanks all for all your suggestions, and apologies to kword 88 for not trying his solution earlier.

My Computer

Back