Security settings stopping game installation?

Nikolia

Today I've been trying to install world of warcraft from a 3.5 gig file I downloaded (running a trial) however as I get quater way through the installation i get this error..

" The file "Files\unconditional\user\Data\enUS\connection-help.html" in archive "D:\Installer Tome 2.mpq" could not be opened, because an error 104 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::OpenFromArchive)"

I have used something called Ladik's MPQ Editor and the .html file is not corrupt i've actually viewed it.. so now I'm thinking perhaps it's a Windows Vista Security setting with .Html files and transferring them? I'm not too sure, does anyone have any idea on the subject? ...but for the sake of it I am pretty sure it's to do with security settings and vista not letting the file install.. thanks to anyone in advance

Computer Spec: Windows Vista 64 ultimate, 1.5 Gig of ram, AMD 64 Duel core (x2) processor (3800+), Radeon x1900 series, 37 gig HD

My Computer

Thanks for the reply, I can't though. Ironically It says I need to make a character to post in the technical support forums, however if I could install the game and make a character I wouldn't need the technical support, thanks though.

My Computer

Solution

For anyone googling in what I did to fix this error was delete the file called Installer Tome 2.exe and then run the downloader again, It seems like it was just a corrupt file and non vista related, hope this helps anyone. :party:

My Computer

Back