slow computer before sign in

renz73

hi all ,i am new to this forum so forgive me if i have placed this in the wrong place .
the problem i am getting is that as soon as i turn on my computer it takes ages to load up before i can sign in .Then when i do sign in it takes another age to start up ,then every thing is slow from then on .we have noticed something when we load up Mozilla fire fox ,that instead of connecting to Google in the bottom left hand corner it says transferring data from superfish .com.don't know if this is anything to do with it .thanks for any help .

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    AMD FX-4100
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    4Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI 5450
    Screen Resolution
    1600*900
    Internet Speed
    10Mbps
Yup, for one, your browser was hijacked. Most likely due to spyware.

As others said, run your internet security suite scanner or MalwareBytes/Spybot S&D/MS Security Essentials or other anti-virus software.

As for slow boot, could be anything from damaged/incompatible drivers, to malware messing with things, improper boot settings, or some damaged windows service. More unlikely sources can be hardware problems like a failing harddrive or malfunction.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Core2duo E8400 @3ghz (stock)
    Motherboard
    DFI Lanparty
    Memory
    4GB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia Gforce 550GTX Ti
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    AOC 21"
    Screen Resolution
    1650x1280
    Hard Drives
    320gb
    500gb external
    Cooling
    fan
    Keyboard
    MS wireless
    Mouse
    ms wireless
    Internet Speed
    D: 50Mb, U: 20Mb
hi richc46 run a full anti-virus scan and found nothing.Downloaded and ran a full scan with malwarebytes found about 6 issues and cleaned them .rebooted and computer was still same to start and slow to connect to the internet.
hi Madhur B went through all steps clean boot and after step one it was faster,but continued to try to find the culprit but did not appear to slow .after finished i started windows in normal start up and the problem had still not appeared again .so at the moment the computer starts up pretty good now but the internet is still slow .when i disable ad-dons in mozilla its fine but cant find the culprit .
thans to richc46 , Madhur B for your help.

My Computer

Superfish is an app monetizing website, basically in the spy/ad-ware category. If you Google it, you'll that many people have been plagued with it.

It's possible the Superfish software or cookies are still on your system. Check out this solution posted on Mozilla's website.

First and foremost, I would try using a different browser. If you don't have one installed, just choose one among the top 4 that are decent (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera). See how your Internet responsiveness is with the newly installed browser. If it's good, then what you should probably do with your preferred browser is to back up the bookmarks, uninstall it, then install it again followed with a bookmarks import.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavillion dv5t
    CPU
    Intel Core Duo 2.53GHz
    Memory
    4Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia GeForce 9600M GT 512Mb
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800 32bit
    Hard Drives
    Seagate Momentus XT 500Gb
    Hitachi Travelstar HTS543225L9A300 250Gb
    Mouse
    Microsoft 4000
Hi renz73,

In addition to what Cytherian has mentioned, disable all add-ons and enable one add-on at a time and check the performance of Mozilla firefox. This would let you know which add-on is causing the problem and you can either disable the add-on or uninstall the add-on.

Please post the results.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    AMD FX-4100
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte
    Memory
    4Gb
    Graphics Card(s)