Start Menu Classic View

ByLine
How to Change the Start Menu to Classic View in Vista
Synopsis
This will show you how to change the normal Vista Start menu to the Classic Start menu for the look and behavior of earlier versions of Windows.
How to Change the Start Menu to Classic View in Vista

information   Information
This will show you how to change the normal Vista Start menu to the Classic Start menu for the look and behavior of earlier versions of Windows.

EXAMPLE: Classic Start Menu
Classic_Start_Menu.jpg

Here's How:
1. Right click on the start button and click on Properties. (see screenshot below)​
Right_Click.jpg

2. Select (dot) Classic Start menu. (see screenshot below)​
NOTE: To change the Start menu back to the default Vista Start menu, dot Start menu instead.
3. Click on OK.​
Properties.jpg

That's it,
Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:
Shawn Brink

Comments

Hello,

I tried to follow these instructions, however, I don't have the options which you show. Specifically, the option to display the Start Menu as a Classic View. I'm attaching a screen shot for help.

It isn't that I really want it to look like the classic view either. Is there a way to keep the view the same, however, have a mouse-over open up the All Programs folder and it's sub-folders?

Sincerely,
-KitzyKitt

Attachments

Hello KitzyKitt, and welcome to Vista Forums.

It looks like your running Windows 7 instead. If so, you will not have that option, and will need to use a program like CSMenu instead.

For Windows 7 related questions, you might use out sister site Seven Forums instead. :)

Hope this helps,
Shawn