- How to Add or Delete a Shortcut or Folder From the Start Menu in Vista
This will show you how to add or delete items from both the Normal and Classic Start Menu "All Programs" area to help organize it.
C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
NOTE: The shortcuts and folders are in the All Programs part of the left white side of the Start Menu. (See left screenshot below)
Browse to a program .exe file location to create a shortcut.
Delete a shortcut from the Classic Start Menu.
Takes you to the window in the section below for both versions.
Just sorts the shortcuts in order.
- How to Pin a Program Icon to the Start Menu in Vista
- How to Change the Start Menu to Classic View in Vista
- How to Customize the Start Menu in Vista
- How to Turn the Recent Items List On or Off in Vista
- How to Customize the Context Menu for the Start Menu in Vista
- How to Pin a Folder Icon to the Start Menu in Vista
- How to Change the Windows Explorer Columns in Vista
- How to Display Small or Large Icons in the Vista Start Menu
- How to Enable or Disable the All Programs List in the Vista Start Menu
- How to Add or Remove Help from the Normal and Classic Vista Start Menu
- How to Restore the Start Menu Search Button after Installing the Vista SP1
- How to Enable or Disable the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties Window in Vista
- How to Restore Missing Default Start Menu Shortcuts in Vista