system blue screens every time windows tries to load

peterr

I have a dell xps M1530.
After fiddling with a bunch of settings to get protools 7.3 (an XP program) to work in compatability mode, it wouldnt work after installing and uninstalling it a few times so i bought the new vista compatible version but when i went to uninstall it it wouldnt let me.
I then turned off DEP with setup>performance>dep but it didnt work so i disabled it in command prompt but it still wouldnt let me uninstall it.
Then after i turned it off the next time i turned it on it wouldnt start. Every time i try to start it it loads up to the start of the windows load screen where the green bars usually go across the box, but after loading the box and the windows logo it blue screens and goes back to the initial loading screen.
Every time i run startup repair it says there is no problem, then restarts and does it all again.
Every time i run system restore i run it back before i tried installing protools at all, and it says its successful but then the same blue screen happens at the same time. When i run system restore it only lets me run it on the OS: (system) drive and the other drives are able to be highlighted but i cant tick the boxes.
Any ideas? thankyou!

My Computer

Go into Bios and set Default settings.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    INTEL QUAD 6600
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte EP35-DS4
    Memory
    4 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8800gt
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" ACER
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    500 GB
    320GB
    PSU
    700WATT
    Cooling
    ARCTIC
    Internet Speed
    Av.MTH, Download 8.27, Upoad 0.91
Can you see the bugcheck code (the first number) before it reboots? Something along the lines of 0x0000000A or 0x00000050 or 0x000000D1?

It could be anything at this stage - I'm not trying to suggest it's one of only those numbers - so if you can see that code that may help.

My Computer

Back