System volume on disk is Corrupt - HELP

shadowh127

This is my issue...I have a Toshiba Satellite L3550, AMD TurionX2 64, Vista Home Premium.

I woke up yesterday morning and got a "Windows Error Recovery" Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or sofware change might be the cause.....I tried both "Launch Startup Repair" and "Start Windows Normally" and neither have done anything.

So I tried doing the "Launch Startup Repair" , its asks for a keyboard layout - selected US and hit "NEXT". From there it takes me to (after a few minutes) System Recovery Options - "select an operating system to repair and click Next." But nothing populates in the box. It states at the bottom that "If you do not see your operating system listed, click Load Drivers to load drivers for your hard disks." When I click "Load Drivers" I get a message to insert the installation media for the device and click OK to select the driver. I don't have any disks, will have to search hard to possibly find it. So I instead click the "Next" button...This brings me to several options: Startup Repair (I did this 2x so far, 1st taking 3 hrs) with no success, System Restore (I have no backup point to restore it to), Windows Complete PC Restore, Windows Memore Diagnostic Tool (this is where I found the error stating "System volume on disk is corrupt"), Command Prompt and TOSHIBA Recovery Wizard.

I don't want to loose everything on my computer so trying to avoid that at all costs...

After receiving the error "System volume on disk is corrupt". I researched and tried DISKPART in the command prompt and it flashed an underscore but won't allow me to enter any other info.

So that's as much detail as I can give, hoping someone can please help me!!!! :cry: Thanks!!!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satellite L3550
Back