- How to Disconnect a Network User Connection in Vista
This will show you how to select and disconnect a user connected to your computer through a network
How to Disconnect a Network User Connection in Vista
This will show you how to select and disconnect a user connected to your computer through a network.
This acts the same as logging off a locally logged on user.
You must be an administrator, or apply the administrator password to do this.
1. Open Task Manager.
NOTE: Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, or right click on the Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
2. Click on the Process tab. (See screenshot below step 4)
3. Click on Show processes from all users.
NOTE: This elevates the Task Manager. If you do not this, then you will receive this error when you try to disconnect the user: User username (SessionId=2) could not be disconnected. Access is denied.
4. Click on Continue in the UAC prompt.
5. Click on the Users tab. (See screenshot below step 7)
NOTE: The Users tab is unavailable on computers that are members of a network domain.
6. Click on a user that you want to disconnect their network connection to your computer.
NOTE: A connected network user will have their Computer Name under the Client Name column.
7. Click on the Disconnect button.
NOTE: This button will be grayed out if the listed user is not connected by a network and is only connected locally (EX: Switch User) instead. See: How to Log Off a Local User in Vista
8. Click on Disconnect user to confirm. (See screenshot below)
9. Task Manager will now no longer have the user listed since they have been disconnected.
- How to Enable or Disable Task Manager in Vista
- How to Open and Close a Application and Process in Vista Task Manager
- How to Switch Between Regular and Small Footprint Mode in Vista Task Manager
- How to Use the Resource Monitor in Vista
- How to Change the Workgroup Name in Vista
- How to Turn Network Discovery On or Off in Vista
- How to Change the Network Location Type in Vista
- How to View and Browse a Computer or Device on a Network in Vista
- How to Log Off a Local User in Vista
- How to Send a Message to Another User in Vista
- How to Turn On or Off Vista Task Manager Always On Top
- How to Change the Network Idle Session Time to Automatically Disconnect in Vista
- How to Create a Elevated Vista Task Manager Shortcut
Last edited by a moderator: