Text scroll lag

jambo49

Hi, this seems like it should be a fairly basic issue, so sorry if it has been covered. I have tried some of the stuff in the tutorials with no success.

I play a game called darkswords.eu. It's largely a text based game and not very processor intensive. I played a long time on a low spec laptop running XP with no problems. I have just upgraded my laptop, the new one runs vista.

I have the following problem and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Whenever a new line of text appears on the screen, be it a message or a line describing a battle (there can be up to 10 of these in a round (2 seconds))) vista reacts to it as if it is some kind of event and there is some lag. With XP there was no reaction to this text and it ran smoothly.

There is a solution which may help us understand what is happening, if cursor is not hovering over the game screens, there is no reaction to the text. Unfortunately this isn't a good solution as you often have to do things with the cursor during a battle.

Any suggestion as to what this might be or anything i can disable to prevent it would be appreciate. It seems to be affecting about 50%+ of the vista users, but not all.

Thanks a lot.

My Computer

Back