The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000022).

meagain

Hello,

When starting up my laptop, i receive a series of following error message:
"The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000022)." for several programs.

All the programs end in .exe. e.g. skype.exe, iexplore.exe,apoint.exe,etc.

I also get this message:
HPAdvisor.exe. The application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process ID=0x858(2136), Thread ID=0xfe4(4068)

I am logged in as an administrator.
Since I am unable to access the internet using normal mode, I am currently using safe mode with networking.

Initially, after doing research on the web , I thought the problem was a broken EXE association so i followed the instruction for how to fix this from this page:
Broken EXE Association.

The problem still occured after I restarted my computer and used normal mode.

I then created a new account with admin rights to this user. I restarted and logged in as this new user and recieved this error message:
"userinit.exe-application error application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000022)".

The desktop remains blue and fails to load.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
meagain

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Compaq Presario C700 Intel Pentium Dual Core
Welcome
Lets start with your idea, I tend to agree. It appears to be a problem with the exe extension. Try this tutorial and then report back
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/233243-default-file-type-associations-restore.html?ltr=D
Give this a try, too
Try to reset the exe and lnk (LNK) associations.
Default File Type Associations - Restore
If that does not work, my second thought would be malware. Run an upadated and full anti virus scan
Download and run a full scan with malwarebytes. Get the free edition. If you cannot get online, with another computer, download to a finger drive and then transfer to your computer.
Finally, you may want to try a system restore, go back a week before the problem.
Before the restore make sure this is not a malware or virus problem
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html
Good luck

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
That error is often associated with a hard disk problem - I suggest that you also run CHKDSK and SFC to sort out any problems....
Click on the Start button
type in the Search box
CMD.EXE
right-click on the only file that is found
Select Run as Administrator
- the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up
At the Command prompt, type
CHKDSK C: /R
and hit the Enter key
You will be told that the drive is locked, and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, and then reboot. The chkdsk will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally (possibly after a second auto-reboot) - then run the SFC

SFC -System File Checker - Instructions
Click on the Start button
type in the Search box
CMD.EXE
right-click on the only file that is found
Select Run as Administrator
- the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up
At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key
Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 8930G
Thanks for the quick response!

Re: richc46
I tried once again the link for the exe extension. Nothing change so I dont think it's that.
I already tried a system restore but that didnt help.

Im currently running a full scan using malwarebytes. I will post back here if that solves the problem.

Thanks

Re: NoelDP

Thanks for your help. I'll give this s try and post back in a few hours.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
Hello,
Re:richc46
I did the full scan and deleted the infected items and restarted. This didnt fix it.

Re:NoelDP

I followed your instructions. After doing the SFC /SCANNOW scan i recieved this :
"Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" and restarted.

The problem is still there.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hi,

I tried the troubleshoot. I wasnt greeted by the error message when I started my computer up but the problem still presist. When I click on the prorams, the error message pops up.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
Go to search by start button
Type event viewer
Go to left panel, adminstrative
What errors do you see in the left panel?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I'm not sure which errors you want to see but these are the error within 10 minutes after I tried your trobuleshoot recommendation.
I see the following errors:

1."The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: eeCTRL, spldr"

2."The computer browers service depends on the Sever service which failed to start because of the following error: the dependency service or group failed to start"

3."Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

4."DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server:

{7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}"

5."DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server:

{9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}"

6."DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:

{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}"

7."The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error."

8."DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "" in order to run the server:

{DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}"

9."
The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification
"

"The service 'TabletInputService' may not have unregistered for device event notifications before it was stopped."

Audit events have been dropped by the transport. The real time backup file was corrupt due to improper shutdown.

The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, failed, or lost power during the sleep transition.

The event logging service encountered an error while processing an incoming event published from Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing.

The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
Check your time. Then try to create the problem. If the problem does occur, go to viewer and copy the errors from that time.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
The errors that I got after I created the problem as follows:
"The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification "

"WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped."

"Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

"The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber {28778B62-8481-400D-8E8A-A4C81ED3F65C}. StandardCreateInstance returned HRESULT 8008000"

"The server {28778B62-8481-400D-8E8A-A4C81ED3F65C} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

This all happened 1 minute after I created the problem.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
Back