• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved The security center service can't be started

Question: I am using Windows Vista on my laptop and noticed my windows security alerts were a red shield. When I clicked on it to see what the problem was I see the Security Center is turned off. When I click on "Turn on now" I get the error message THE SECURITY CENTER SERVICE CAN'T BE STARTED. Can anyone offer me some help with this as I am new to Vista.
Tags: THE SECURITY CENTER SERVICE CAN'T BE STARTED

Hello, first of all I want to thank you, the post has been of help to me. I can manually start the Security Center Service now, but every time I restart my computer it's turned off again, and the only way to turn it on is manually again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ITOV

I am having that problem as well, but how do I manually "Start" the Security Center service?

When I click the start button and type it in on the bottom it takes me to the same window as the icon on the taskbar.

I dont know much about computers, so "dummy-proof" instructions would be greatly appreciated.:)

Thanks in advance!!

I am having that problem as well, but how do I manually "Start" the Security Center service?

When I click the start button and type it in on the bottom it takes me to the same window as the icon on the taskbar.

I dont know much about computers, so "dummy-proof" instructions would be greatly appreciated.:)

Thanks in advance!!
I don't think you have read Brink's tutorial properly.

>>>When I click the start button and type it

What did you type ?
You are supposed to type ...... services

Here is my step-by-step. It is the same as the tutorial except with " long-winded " wordings.

Start button > in the search box, type Services > press Enter key > scroll to find Security Center, click it >
under Status heading, it should say ......... Started
under Startup Type, it should say ............ Automatic ( D ...
If it does not say that, Right click on Security Center > click Properties > on the new window
at Startup Type, click the pointer and select Automatic ( Delay Start )
at Service Status, click Start
click OK when done.

That's it.

I cannot find ''security center'' when I search through services, it is not listed. I have security accounts but I highly doubt that it is the same. It has really become a nuisence since I can't even open google chrome without my firewall objecting let alone the fact that when I use the internet explorer (which is extremely slow) or any other internet operating browser, it denies my access to the microsoft page. My firewall is causing a lot of trouble, please help!