There is a problem with this website's security certificate

Second poster rustedmetal might be more interested in knowing that SeaMonkey is a Firefox 52 fork, and there was actually an update as recently as last September (version 2.49.5). Unfortunately, only the 32-bit version supports Vista.

Gee, I forgot to mention earlier that Opera is Chinese-owned. If I was desperate enough to install a Chinese browser on my computer, there are much more up-to-date options even for XP/Vista.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium x86 SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion Elite m9150f
    CPU
    Intel Q6600
    Memory
    3 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
The only issue I have with Opera is that it won't save log on credentials (username/password) for a website. I admit I haven't conducted much research to rectify that. I don't know what kind of content at IGN won't load but you might look at the Opera Privacy settings to see if loading protected content is enabled. I don't know how a "beefier" CPU would help, in this regard.

There are two issues I have with FF. First, I listen to Accuradio all day and when I go to close FF, Accuradio doesn't always want to close but eventually it will. Since I always put my system to sleep, when I wake it up after the latter occurs, FF says it didn't close properly and asks me if I want to recover or close. Second, it still periodically (maybe once a week) will freeze the graphics for a few minutes and then recover even though that was supposed to be fixed by an update.
Well, i'm ok with that as i never opt for sites to remember any credentials. Do you thing you can do this stranger a favor and visit IGN.com and see how it goes? This would save me precious time by trying to install Opera and have it fail when visiting such sites. That would be much appreciated, if it means anything.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Win10
    Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba C55-B5256
    CPU
    • Intel® Core™ i5-4210U Processor @ 1.70 GHz.
    Motherboard
    ^3M Cache, up to 2.70GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3
Second poster rustedmetal might be more interested in knowing that SeaMonkey is a Firefox 52 fork, and there was actually an update as recently as last September (version 2.49.5). Unfortunately, only the 32-bit version supports Vista.

Gee, I forgot to mention earlier that Opera is Chinese-owned. If I was desperate enough to install a Chinese browser on my computer, there are much more up-to-date options even for XP/Vista.
Much more up to date options?...Like what ? You mean like options in the ”Basilisk and New Moon Ports: Best Options For Vista” thread? I need to go through that thread again but this time with a pencil and paper so i can understand something...PHEW.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Win10
    Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba C55-B5256
    CPU
    • Intel® Core™ i5-4210U Processor @ 1.70 GHz.
    Motherboard
    ^3M Cache, up to 2.70GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
    Memory
    8 GB DDR3
I'm 300 miles from home this week and Vista is on my desktop so I can't try IGN until Saturday. Why the reservation about installing Opera and giving it a try? You can always uninstall it. Ditto for FF. Believe me, FF and Opera are better choices for access to websites on Vista than IE 9. By the way, I use Bing as my search engine for all these browsers. The results may be different using another search engine such as Yahoo.

I also have Opera on this Win 7 system but it's a different version than the one for Vista. Interesting that I went to check the version this morning it came up with an update.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Cyberpower
    CPU
    Intel Quad CPU Q6700 2.67 GHZ
    Motherboard
    NVIDIA 780i
    Memory