Tryin to upgrade - winload.exe

Hendy90

Hello,
First off, forgive me if this has been posted before, I’ve been through so many forums looking for help I can’t keep track.
I started my journey Saturday night with Windows 7 RC, after a long journey of audio problems I decided it was time to throw in the towel.
I inserted my Vista 64 bit CD and was greeted with the winload.exe error.
After tinkering around with several methods including /bootrec and other command lines I realized I was getting nowhere.
So I tried my vista 32 bit CD and it installed fully. Now I’m attempting an upgrade from 32bit to 64 bit and am getting the same error. I know for a fact nothing is wrong with my winload.exe since I’ve formatted and reinstalled the OS several times on a clean harddrive

I’m at the end of my rope with ideas for what to do next. Please I would really appreciate some help.

HP Pavilion a1600n
nVidia 8800GT
Sound Blaster X-fi SB0460
Dual Core 64 bit processor 3800+
4 gig of ram

My Computer

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Vista
    CPU
    Intel E8400
    Motherboard
    ASRock1333-GLAN R2.0
    Memory
    4gb DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500GT 1gb
  • Operating System
    win7/vista
    CPU
    intel i5-8400
    Motherboard
    gigabyte b365m ds3h
    Memory
    ballistix 2x8gb 3200
Well, I'm familiar with the update/upgrade process. But you see, when I insert my 64 bit iso (yes its burned I lost the original) I get the winload.exe so my question is. Is it the cd? Or by some higher power is my computer unable to recognize the image?

My Computer

Back