Ultimate 64 + IE7 protected mode = pain

ck01

My Computer

Are your using the 32-Bit or 64-Bit version of Internet Explorer? The 64 Bit versions cannot play flash content, because AFAIK, there isn't a 64-bit Flash plugin available for it.

I went to www.src.ca/nouvelles using the 32-Bit IE7, and had no problems.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    AMD Phenom 9600 Quad
    Motherboard
    ASUS MB-M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi
    Memory
    2 x A-Data 2GB DDR2-800
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ATI Radeon HD 2400PRO
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAHARA 21"
    Screen Resolution
    1600x1200
    Hard Drives
    2 x 80GB Seagate (I)
    2 x 120GB Seagate (I/S)
    2 x 200GB Seagate (I/S)
    2 x 250GB Seagate (I/S)
    PSU
    800W
    Case
    Thermaltake Tai-Chi
    Cooling
    Tai-Chi Water Cooler
    Keyboard
    Genius
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    384kbps
    Other Info
    Currently dual booting between Vista x64 Ultimate Windows 7 BETA x64
I don't know what happened. As I had just reformatted the day before, I reformatted again, and all works fine now.
I had tried IE 64 and it had started to ask me about installing Flash and all, maybe it corrupted for good my flash installation for both versions of IE. Nevertheless, problem solved by radical solution!

My Computer

I don't know what happened. As I had just reformatted the day before, I reformatted again, and all works fine now.
I had tried IE 64 and it had started to ask me about installing Flash and all, maybe it corrupted for good my flash installation for both versions of IE. Nevertheless, problem solved by radical solution!

I'm glad that everything is working ok now, even though I don't agree with how you got it working. Reformatting is the easy route to follow when problem solving. What happens if you encounter the same problem? Because you took the easy way out, you won't know how to fix it next time, if at all.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    AMD Phenom 9600 Quad
    Motherboard
    ASUS MB-M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi
    Memory
    2 x A-Data 2GB DDR2-800
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ATI Radeon HD 2400PRO
    Monitor(s) Displays
    SAHARA 21"
    Screen Resolution
    1600x1200
    Hard Drives
    2 x 80GB Seagate (I)
    2 x 120GB Seagate (I/S)
    2 x 200GB Seagate (I/S)
    2 x 250GB Seagate (I/S)
    PSU
    800W
    Case
    Thermaltake Tai-Chi
    Cooling
    Tai-Chi Water Cooler
    Keyboard
    Genius
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Internet Speed
    384kbps
    Other Info
    Currently dual booting between Vista x64 Ultimate Windows 7 BETA x64
I know that's the easy solution but I'm not alone and I needed to get this computer running up fast...

I actually got a more serious problem which I got pissed at which made me revert, sadly, to vista 32 bit.. I'm a big user of Windows Photo Story 3 and Movie Maker, and every video produced by PS3 was extremely choppy.

Out of curiosity, I reinstalled video drivers, reformated again and reinstalled 64 bit but with no success. Tried to google my problem and found no answer. Dual booted with Vista 32 bit, and everything was fine..

So right now I'M on vista 32 bit. That's a bit sad, and will eventually dual boot to 64bit once I go to 4 MBs ram or when I know how to solve that problem....

My Computer

Back