Unable to access certain posts (again)

leftfoot

I've got a feeling the problem lays with my computer and not this site - but I'd just like to see if anyone else has experienced this. What's happening is I seem to keep losing posts. Currently I cannot access the last 2 that were left on a recent thread I started. I know they're there coz I posted one myself and received an email about a subsequent reply. However if I go to the thread now ("anyone had luck with error code 641?") via Forums then Updates there are only 3 posts there - when there should be 5. If I try going via Statistics/All Threads on my own profile page the info tells me there are indeed 5 posts on the thread. But having accessed the thread via that route I find I'm unable to scroll down beyond the first post - it just keeps pinging me back up to the top of the page. I emailed Support last night but apparently they found nothing out of place and most likely thought the trouble I'd described was down to my own incompetence - and, I admit, the same thought did occur to me. But, seriously, I hope I'm at least competent enough to navigate my way round a website. This is not me being useless. Something's up.
So anyway, does any of this ring any bells - or is it more likely a technical fault my end? *Am I being paranoid or is code 641 actively preventing me accessing a solution that could finally exorcise it from my machine?
Thanks in advance, LF
(*purely rhetorical)

My Computer

Hi Again,

It would be difficult for us to answer your question, but you can yourself.
Get a computer from a friend or an enemy or the library etc. They try to see your posts, if you cannot then we can and will help you. If you can you are having computer problems.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam