Unable to install needed update's

bluedog_76550

Can anyonehelp me with this I have been trying for the past few months to install these needed updates with no luck. I am getting 3 error messages.
1 -- error message # 8007000B

2 -- error message # 80070643

3 -- error message # 643

If someone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

bluedog_76550

My Computer

Try these:

Error 1
1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
Run as
Administrator.
3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
4. At the command prompt, type "fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\ ",
without the quotation marks and then
press ENTER.
5. Reboot your machine and try to update again

Error 2:
Method 1: Determine the status of the Office Source Engine service
To determine the status of the Office Source Engine service, follow these steps:1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
2. In the list of services, double-click Office Source Engine.
3. View the Startup type list.
4. If the startup type is set to Disabled, change the startup type to Manual. To do this, click Manual in the Startup type list, and then click OK.
5. Try to install the Office update again.

Method 2: Repair the Ose.exe file
To repair the Ose.exe file, copy the Ose.exe file from the Office 2003 CD. To do this, follow these steps:1. Determine where the Ose.exe file is located. By default, the Ose.exe file is in the following location:
path:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\
2. Insert the Office 2003 CD in the CD drive.
3. Right-click Start, and then click Explore.
4. Use Microsoft Windows Explorer to locate the following folder on the Office 2003 CD:
path:\Files\Setup
5. Right-click the Ose.exe file, and then click Copy.
6. Locate and then click to select the folder in which the Ose.exe file is located on the computer. For example, locate and then click to select the following folder:
path:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine
7. Right-click the Source Engine folder, and then click Paste.
8. If you are prompted to replace an existing file, click Yes.

Method 3: Remove and then reinstall Office 2003
To remove and then reinstall Office 2003, follow these steps.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
1. Insert the Office 2003 CD in the CD drive.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Click Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the Currently installed programs list, click the version of Office 2003 that is installed, and then click Remove.
5. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove Office 2003.
6. After Office 2003 is removed from the computer, click Add New Programs.
7. Click CD or Floppy.
8. In the Install Program From Floppy Disk or CD-ROM dialog box, make sure that the Office 2003 CD is in the CD drive. Then, click Next.
9. Click Finish. Then, follow the prompts to complete the installation of Office 2003.
10. Click OK when Office 2003 Setup is finished.
11. Remove the Office 2003 CD from the CD drive.

MORE INFORMATION
When you install Office 2003 from the Office 2003 CD or from an image of the Office 2003 CD, Setup installs the Office Source Engine (Ose.exe) system service to copy the required installation files to the local computer. After Setup.exe reads the Setup settings file, Setup.exe performs the following actions:• Determines the drive that has the most available space on the local computer
• Verifies that the user has administrative rights
• Installs the Office Source Engine
For more information about the Office Source Engine, see one of the following Microsoft Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit resources:• In the printed version of the Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit, see page 23.
• In the online version of the Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011402031033.aspx (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011402031033.aspx)

Error 3:
You may have to try the instructions given here:

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error code "1603"

Basically, it involves un-installing .NET Framework Version 1.1 Service pack

Then download and use (Run as Administrator) the Windows Installer CleanUp
Utility, and remove all references to .NET Framework Version 1.1 Service
pack 1 (only!).

Then reinstall .NET Framework Version 1.1 Service pack 1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Then run Windows Update again, to install KB929729.

NOTE: These methods are from various locations on the net. I have not specifically laid out these for you. Credit goes to the original posters of the articles.
Let us know if any of this helps!

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Dual Core E7200
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 800 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    GForce 8600GTS 512mb
    Sound Card
    Auzentech XFi Prelude 7.1 on Onkyo605 Rxer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    20" Samsung SyncMaster 206BW
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Internet Speed
    Sky UK
I do appreciate all of your hard work researching this for me I know there it took a while and I would not know where to start.

Everything went well except for uninstalling NET frame I cannot uninstall it from my programs and features when I click on it I do not see the uninstall feature appear.

Thanks

bluedog

My Computer

Back