Unable to uninstall iTunes and Call of Duty 2

amplid

Vlaming
Power User
I can't play Call of Duty 2 because I am unable to download flash player so I wanted to uninstall it as well as iTunes. When I tried to uninstall them, the normal Installshield window popped up, but when it arrived here:

Capture3.JPG

the window simply closed and the program was still installed??
Help:p

Amplid

amplid

Vlaming
Power User
What do you mean by be careful? That I shouldn't use it on working programs?

Thanks

Amplid

Dragor

Power User
Of course u should not use it on working programs. Its meant to be used for programs which use Windows Installer and get stuck halfway and exit leaving all config files in temp dirs. If u re run setup for such progs, it may fail and here's where this thing helps you. run it and you will see all the programs which have used Windows Installer [note installshield also uses windows installer] and have config infos stored on disk. remove the info of the problem app which wont get installed. After removal re run the apps setup and it should work.

If u use it on a non-problem app, u'll end up deleting all record of that program being installed and u'll never be able to uninstall it. Hence the warning.

amplid

Vlaming
Power User
YES, it worked:p thanks a lot, 've been trying to get those two things of of my pc for ages:p

Greetings,

Amplid

Dragor

Power User
Glad to help! about the graphics card, it was a compromise between features and raw power. When I was building my system I had only 2 options which fit perfectly in y budget: 6600 or 7300. I had gamed on my previous P4 machine with a FX 5200 and was well aware of the agonising pain the low end cards offer and I certainly did not want to suffer through that any more. The choice was crystal clear!