Unbelievably malicious malware, urgent help required.

Thomas96

Hey, my PC recently contracted a very malicious piece of malware, after Avast notified me of the virus, saying there was some malware, I tried to do a scan right then with something but the virus disabled Avast, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, the Security center and blocked internet access to every antivirus website I've tried to to reach so far... :zip:

Downloads get to 99% but do not finish outside of Skype.

Quick and even full scans with Malwarebytes (chameleon) and the MVT do nothing, after identifying the trojans and the hijacker and restarting, the malware is there again after a little bit, slowing my PC down to mollasus and compromising everything again... :huh: :huh: :huh:

I've noticed that the malware/virus seems to kick in after my router beeps twice, so that probably means that the virus is rooted deep in my network somwhere. :eek: :eek:

I've tried restoring my system to a few days prior to getting the infection but to no avail, it just tells me it isn't working every time via a pop up message. :devil::devil::devil:

Here is the report from the aftermath of the full scan I performed with Malwarebytes, due to the nature of the infection, it took 12 hours! :confused: :confused: :confused:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

mbam-log-2012-11-13 (12-55-09).txt
Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 701599
Time elapsed: 12 hour(s), 40 minute(s), 18 second(s)
Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Detected: 0
Registry Keys Detected: 1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_MICORSOFT_WINDOWS_SERVICE (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
Registry Values Detected: 0
Registry Data Items Detected: 4
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|AntiVirusDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|UpdatesDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon|Userinit (Hijack.UserInit) -> Bad: (userinit.exe,,C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\auyxpmia\ibqkamrq.exe) Good: (userinit.exe) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
Folders Detected: 0
Files Detected: 1
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes\ModernCombat\cohra\cohra.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
(end)

I really believed that the full scan would detect the root source of the problem and I would be able to handle it on my own, that's why I waited so long.

Restarted the PC and did another quick scan and as you will see, the stuff is back again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 225849
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 14 second(s)
Memory Processes Detected: 0
Memory Modules Detected: 0
Registry Keys Detected: 2
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_MICORSOFT_WINDOWS_SERVICE (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Micorsoft Windows Service (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Values Detected: 0
Registry Data Items Detected: 4
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|AntiVirusDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|UpdatesDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon|Userinit (Hijack.UserInit) -> Bad: (userinit.exe,,C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\auyxpmia\ibqkamrq.exe) Good: (userinit.exe) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
Folders Detected: 0
Files Detected: 0
(end)

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6550 @2.33Ghz
    Memory
    6gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gtx 560Ti
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus VH242H
You have MalwareBytes installed so try this
Go to your program files (not the start menu shortcut)
and click malwarebytes
Then click Chameleon
then click Chameleon.chm
click the top box where it says Chameleon#1

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo Thinkpad T400
    CPU
    Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53GHz
    Motherboard
    LENOVO 64734VM
    Memory
    2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 800
    Hard Drives
    1x 180GB Intel 530 series SSD
    1 x 120GB Hitachi 5400rmp
    1 x 650GB Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    1x 1Tb Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    Internet Speed
    Medium for New Zealand
    Other Info
    Weakest part of my computer is the graphics chipset.
    Only ever used a laptop.
    Also use USB Freeview TV Card
    Lenovo Docking Station
    External Speakers
    Other bits a pieces as needed
Thanks a lot for the reply, yes I've just tried it, I'm not sure exactly if it was any different, I switched to safe network mode and now I'm able to scan with Avast for some reason, I'll post the results when it's done, but it's taking a very long time and I'm going to have to sleep soon, it's 3AM now.

Doing another scan with MWB aswell, see it finds anything else like a rootkit.

Also I cannot update my avast in any way.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6550 @2.33Ghz
    Memory
    6gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gtx 560Ti
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Asus VH242H
Back