updating Bios

Hi,
its a bit lengthy and might not seem a really general question; but I guess Im only asking for basic understanding here:

Im occasionally getting the error 13 :
: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

I thought I would do a bios update. I googled it and found this,
when I go to the manufacturer website (here) , I cant see any batch file that the manual mentions, instead there is exe files to updating the version of bios. when i download and run them, I get the error saying that the file didnt install properly and if i want to redo it with the recommended setting. I tried checking the version of the bios externally with a software and it seemed its still the previous version. I tried reinstalling the update using the new settings, same old same old.
note: in the sony website it says:
This BIOS update must be installed before upgrading to Microsoft® Windows Vista™ operating system. ( the computer was shipped in xp)
I have missed it.
anything I can do?

cheers,
Shahab

My Computer

Back