User and Admin account big troubles !

It won't cause any harm to transfer them, but technically speaking, I think you could lose the .TM.blf, and .regtrans-ms files. I think.

.pol, yes.

If I have understood, I can transfer .pol the others three are not necessary. Is that correct ?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 T5300 1.73 Ghz
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile
    Sound Card
    Realteck
That's what both Richard and I believe - you SHOULD transfer the .pol, but with the other three the only difference is that I would save them somewhere else temporarily (a week or three) just to make sure (as I tend to be a bit more cautious) and then, if all is well, you can delete them.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc. MP061 Inspiron E1705
    CPU
    2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory
    Motherboard
    Board: Dell Inc. 0YD479 Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    Memory
    2046 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Di
    Sound Card
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Chassis Serial Number: 5YK95C1
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1958 Kbps download ; 754.8 Kbps upload
    Other Info
    Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Dell AIO Printer A940

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

6TO4 Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Router Linksys / WRT54G -01
Merci Lorien,

J'ai tout compris ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
I don't think it would do any harm to transfer, but I think they can be left out. Keep them for a bit though.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.50GHz
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 (512 MBytes)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 x Dell 2007FP and 1 x (old) Sonic flat screen
    Screen Resolution
    1600 x 1200 and 1280 x 1204
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)
    Western Digital: WDC WD6400AAKS-75A7B0

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    Western Digital: Caviar Black, SATA 6GB/S, 64Mb cache, 8ms
    Western Digital: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Advent Optical ADE-WG01 (colour change light up)
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
    ASUS USB 3.0 5Gbps/SATA 6Gbps - PCI-Express Combo Controller Card (U3S6)
I selected all files from my Old Admin profiles, cut and paste into new user but It doesn't transfer all files. I did the same from Old Admin to a new admin one, the same.

I was frustrated again. When I transfered from Secours to my Old Admin, I selected folder by folder, to cut and paste to the new account.

After that, by accident, I deleted Old Admin account instead of Admin losing all my files. I tried to recover with R-Studio prog. my files. From 4.3 Gb I successfully recover 3.5 Gb, so that I lost 1 Gb. :confused:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Hi Ashanta,

The process is fairly simple and straightforward. It you're logged in as an Administrator, then the transfer should go smootly. Sometimes it works better instead of copying the primary folder to open the folder and select all the contents and copy them and then go to the corresponding folder in the new account and paste the contents into the corresponding folder.

Please provide examples of files that did not copy (full file paths and filenames with extensions). If you know which ones didn't copy, then try doing them again - perhaps using a different method (if you were using drag and drop, try CTRL-C and CTRL-V or something like that). Click on properties for some of these files and click on security and see if there is something different about these files than the ones that copied properly - that is not normally an issue but it's worth checking given the problem. Is it in all the folders or only some of them? Is it only in the hidden folders? Because it was the build-in Administrator account, it is possible that some files related to that status may not copy to another account (but it shouldn't be anything major and I don't think there should be too many such files).

I'm sorry about the lost information. Here's what I usually offer to people in that situation:

First check the Recycle Bin to see if they are there. If so, just restore them and you’re good to go.

If you have Vista Business (which you do), Vista Ultimate, or Vista Enterprise you may be in luck. They have what is known as Shadow Copies which are saves of deleted or modified files which can be retrieved in case the changes/deletions were done in error. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/shadow-copy.aspx with further information on how to use this feature at: http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/howdoi/?p=145.

In case this doesn't work (not all files are available through Shadow Copies - it occurs periodically), here are some additional free recovery programs which might help. Files aren't actually deleted until they are overwritten (though they're no longer available through conventional methods). If you decide to try these recovery programs, you should stop using your hard drive immediately so you don't overwrite the data you are trying to recover. Slave it to another PC and run the recovery from that PC. Even now you may have permanently lost some of them if you're using that same PC. If you can't do that (slave to another PC), you run the risk of overwriting the data with every action you do on the PC (but you still may be able to recover some or most or even all of the files - it's a matter of luck).

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.html(try Recuva ONLY - do not purchase any products that aren’t free – here or in any of the other links – I’m just suggesting the FREE options and have had problems with some of the commercial ones)

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/diskdigger.html(try this second - if it doesn’t work either chances of recovery are very slim but you can try the other options if you wish)

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/easusdfr.html

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

http://www.snapfiles.com/downloads/recuva/dlrecuva.html

http://www.softperfect.com/products/filerecovery/

http://techpaul.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/how-to-recover-your-lost-files/

Only you can decide if the data is important enough to take the PC to a data recovery expert to recover the files (they will have better programs and equipment to do so than any of us do and than I provided above). Do NOT go to Geek Squad or any of those big store centers - they mostly don't know what they're doing - take it to a data recovery expert. It will cost quite a bit (I mean, a LOT) and they usually offer no guarantees – you typically pay the same price if they recover everything or if they recover nothing. The decision is yours.

**************************************************************************************

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

I created a new admin account, Admin and a new user, Utilisateur: but I didn't transfer any files.

Anyway, it doesn't fix the UAC troubles, it always checked. It's related to the permissions as this troubles came after doing the famous 1-9 steps.
The same opinion with SFC blocked at 99% and black screen (it's going better with less seconds to change from one account to another).

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Thanks again for this info Lorien :D

I already rebooted my laptop, I suppose it's too late to recover.

I have an external HD anyway.

What about a restore point ?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Thanks again for this info Lorien :D

I already rebooted my laptop, I suppose it's too late to recover.

I have an external HD anyway.

What about a restore point ?

Rebooting isn't an issue, though the more you use the drive that contained the lost data, the less we'll be able to recover. System Restore does not recover data - it specifically ignores data - so that won't work.

The above procedures should work just as well on an external drive as an internal one in many cases. If your Restore points include the external drive and that's where the lost data was located, then Shadow Copies may work. The recovery programs will work on internal or external drives.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Thanks a lot for all details Lorien, :)

If I can't recover it's not a problem at all in compare with the others I can't solve.

I have a restore point from yesterday, only for C drive.

D, F drives are not included in the restore point. Could I restore in order to recover all the files under C:\Users\Old Admin\ (my profile settings) ? I suppose I will keep my datas from D and F drives.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Thanks a lot for all details Lorien, :)

If I can't recover it's not a problem at all in compare with the others I can't solve.

I have a restore point from yesterday, only for C drive.

D, F drives are not included in the restore point. Could I restore in order to recover all the files under C:\Users\Old Admin\ (my profile settings) ? I suppose I will keep my datas from D and F drives.

Possibly. If it's from yesterday, you pretty much have nothing to lose by trying.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

I've just noticed that If I "modify type account' from my built-in admin account, Fleur de Vie, in order to change the type of 'Admin' account, I can only click on user account. It's logical that I could'nt click on admin account as there is already an 'Admin account'. So that, this account is a real admin account as my old Fleur de Vie were, yes.

Meanwhile I lose some personal files on yesterday, but forget it. I recovered most of them, it's not a problem.

I hope that deleted Secours account (= old 'Fleur de Vie') will solve my UAC issue, but it's not the case.

The issues are remanent, still alive:

1. UAC always enabled, no ways to disable even with the Registry. I don't have any errors on the Registry. Not work even with Built-in Admin account, 'Fleur de vie'

2. WinRe don't boot with F8 key ---black screen. (screenshot below)
I tried with Vista Recovery CD and Recovery DVD from Fujitsu--- black screen at the end.
I tried also with Ultimateboot---------- no problems, it works well at my boot startup.

3. Blackscreen seems to be better-----------------the elapsed time of this blackscreen is reduced to 2-3 sec when opening a session and when I change the account from one user to another user, blackscreen appears during 5 sec.

4. Programs installed with a context menu don't appear from my user account:
I installed Online Armor ++ from my built-in admin account, the context menu works well on both admin accounts, Fleur de vie and Admin but, doesn't work on the user account.
If I open the Explorer and right click to check one file with OA, the context menu doesn't appear. I get the same troubles with Hitman Pro working from a user account.

Thanks a lot for all the excellent vistax64 Team !!! :D:D

Attachments

• WinRE drive.jpg
    WinRE drive.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Hi richc46,

What about my memory.dmp file ?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Hi Ashanta,

Several of us (most of us) have recommended that the only real solution to all of your problems is to backup your important data and do a clean boot or a restore to factory conditions. I once again recommend that option and will be happy to assist if you need help with the process.

The fact is, I honestly don't have any idea what else to try to resolve any of the remaining problems and suspect that they can only be cleared up properly (and any more that appear, as every time we resolve one, it seems two more appear) with a clean install or a restore to factory conditions (after backing up the important data). I'm convinced there is damage to your files, registry, and other system areas of the machine that may not be correctable using any other means. Yes, it may be remotely possible to get one or two more somehow, but I do not know how to do it. All the options I know to try are exhausted. Several of the best people I know here have worked hard on your problems (and some have been solved, but I believe many more remain), and yet we still have a laundry list of them remaining and I strongly suspect there are more which have yet to be be revealed or that will appear with further work on the ones that are currently obvious. I suspect they too are out of ideas and are also of the opinion that this is the only reasonable option (as has been suggested before) given everything that has been tried and the results of the information and files you provided.

I'm sorry I am unable to assist you further (unless you want help with the clean install or restore to factory conditions). I've tried everything else I know (as have others) and those are the only options I see that will clear up all of your problems and get you back running normally again.

I wish I had better news or something else to offer, but that's the way it is.

Good luck and best wishes!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

Dell AIO Printer A940

6TO4 Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Happy Holidays
There is not much more that can be done. The system is hosed, based upon everything that I know its time to reinstall.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas ! :D

I will think about it )

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Hi Niemiro,

Any news for me ?

Check you PM, thanks ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Hello!

Hi Niemiro,

I wish you all the best for you, about Love, Health and Money, for this New Happy New Year 2011.

I come back again to give you some news about my laptop issues.

I installed TweakUAC program and it works, I can disable UAC with TweakUAC. Nevertheless, if I check on the Control Panel, I can see that UAC box is always checked. In fact, UAC is off thanks to TweakUAC but in the control panel, is always ON. I check it because I don't have any pop-up when launching a program.

I'm certain that it's because the key Enablelua is locked in the Registry. Even if I change it into 0 and then I reboot my computer, it comes automatically again with Enablua set to 1.

Let me know if I need to reply to the opened thread I open more than one month ago.

Be well,

Happy to hear you very soon ! :party::party:

I wish the same things to you, as well! There is something very wrong indeed with this machine, and we have not messed up registry permissions to such an extent that you are truly unique. I honestly think that you have gone just about the very furthest in terms of ruining your registry permissions! This is not your fault in any way, I am just trying to state facts (almost half-amusing ones!) as to the extent that things have panned out!. Your registry is not sticking as well. Something very odd.

Download Process Monitor from here: Process Monitor and Process Explorer: Process Explorer

You need to learn to use it proficiently, and not just be able to follow instructions. It may seem really, really scary, and it is, but a few tricks. Open Process Monitor.

Filter > Filter. Leave in the default filters. Then for each program you want to monitor, use:

Start the program to monitor.

Process Name is not x then Exclude.

Then get to the point in the program you are about to perform the action - one click away. Scroll to the very bottom, and single click on the bottom result. Perform the action. Do not touch the program again, click no where. Go back to Process Monitor, and scroll to the bottom. About another 20 lines will appear, depending. Analyse them. Check for errors. See what has been done.

Uses: See what happens when regedit changes an EnableLUA value. See what Tweak UI does.

Good luck!

Richard

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.50GHz
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 (512 MBytes)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 x Dell 2007FP and 1 x (old) Sonic flat screen
    Screen Resolution
    1600 x 1200 and 1280 x 1204
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)
    Western Digital: WDC WD6400AAKS-75A7B0

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    Western Digital: Caviar Black, SATA 6GB/S, 64Mb cache, 8ms
    Western Digital: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Advent Optical ADE-WG01 (colour change light up)
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
    ASUS USB 3.0 5Gbps/SATA 6Gbps - PCI-Express Combo Controller Card (U3S6)
Back