Solved Various error problems

onetrax

Hello,

I am running a 1.8Gig dual core Intel with Windows Vista Home premium SP1 and 3 gigs of memory.

First time posting here.

One, I am having a problem with Windows Update. It gives me error #80072F8F "Could not search for updates." The link for the help information on the error does not work either.

In IE7, it gives me a "Cannot display webpage" message when I try to go to Yahoo mail, Google mail, or (as far as I can tell) any other page that wants to display a form for ID and password. It does the same thing in Google Chrome but works fine in Apple Safari.

I have read many of the postings on these types of problems and have performed a Revert on the HD to a period as far back as it would let me. I have also reset IE default settings a couple of times. Aside from that, none of the instructions that I have seen so far seem to apply to my situation.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer core duo 1.8 3gig Memory
Flavius - Thanks. I did all of the things suggested and now the email and other forms works but the windows update and help is still broken. I will repost my update problem in the update section.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
Open services.msc. And check if automatic updates is on automatic, manual or disbaled. And also check for dependencies.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    T4200 Intel
    Memory
    2 X 1GB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Integrated
    Hard Drives
    1 X 250GB 7200RPM
Thanks,

I checked services and found that it was set for Automatic (delayed start). I changed it to automatic and retried it but it is still broken.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
Hello,

I downloaded au check and ran it twice but no fix so I downloaded and installed the second fix: windowsupdate, and that did not work either. I am a little hesitant to do the manual reset till I have lots of time to concentrate.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
OK, I had installed the fixes but I had not re-booted. After re-booting, everything works great! Thanks for all the prompt and effecient help. I am sure I will be back...but I hope not too soon!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
Back