• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vista 64 bit and Call of Duty2

I can't get Call of Duty2 to run in multi-player mode--single player works fine is this a know problem? I didn't see anything at the Activision site that says it not compatible with 64 bit

dmex

ɠɛɐǨ
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Got punkbuster. Tried the right click on the desktop shortcut for the multi-player and got the usual starup screen then the windows notice it's being shut down. Windows says it's checking for a solution but one never comes. I'm I going to have to go back to XP to play my favorite online game?

Being a noob, it took me a while to figure out what UAC was but I found it. Disabled it and quess what? The same old error. I can play the game fine in single player but the multiplayer refuses to load. Any other ideas?

dmex

ɠɛɐǨ
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Being a noob, it took me a while to figure out what UAC was but I found it. Disabled it and quess what? The same old error. I can play the game fine in single player but the multiplayer refuses to load. Any other ideas?

Sorry I dont know any more idea you can try, Activision are the only ones who can help you now...

Enable UAC again (your system security drops about 80% of its original effectiveness with UAC disabled) and contact them about it, It is Activisions server not accepting your serial/game patch and making the game crash when it checks for its authenticity in multiplayer.

Steven